10.9 with eaton & no spray

03miamisnake

Established Member
Did anyone see the new 5.0 mag where a guy apparently ran 10.9 @ 126 with basically the following mods: 2.8 upper, 6# lower, chip, accufab tb, full exhaust & 315 BFG DRs? I am not sure it is his daily driver, but seems pretty damn impressive.

Evil SS

Established Member
Possible, but not common. My guess is a great tune the correct selection of parts on a good track on a good day with a good driver.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just read that last night. Pretty awesome, AND not usual at all. He must have one awesome race tune. :burnout:

lguerra1

Established Member
The owner of the car you are talking about goes by F8LBITE on this board. And yes it is not BS.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
It is awesome, I know the guy. He posts under F8TLBITE. It is his daily driver. He also is a real good racer. His tune was done by Johnny Lightning. My car also was tuned by JLP. I ran 11.6 on pump gas without launching hard or power shifting. My 60 ft. was 1.84, mph was 122.47, 2.80 upper pulley, JLP forced air induction and full Bassani exhaust, no headers, JLP tuned Diablo flip chip, 4 lb lower pulley.

jasil

Established Member
Ask F8LBITE how many axles he has broke? Last time I heard it was 3 and counting. A guy at work just put his cobra back to stock and is selling it waiting for the C6 he has broken 2 axles and thinks Ford is full of crap.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Ford is full of crap because modded cars with slicks launched at high rpms break stock axles. Hmmmm. You know, I think Ford is full of crap because a lot of things, but that's not one of them.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Ask F8LBITE how many axles he has broke? Last time I heard it was 3 and counting
Our suspension was not made for drag racing.

A guy at work just put his cobra back to stock and is selling it waiting for the C6 he has broken 2 axles and thinks Ford is full of crap.
Uh, ok. . .great. :shrug:

46stang

Established Member
jasil: Dude has 36 posts and drives a mini van, and is calling ford crap(or i mean his ford friend)? :nono: I'm a ford tech and i think our cars rock! Get a clue man! Go play in your minivan! I'm sure you will have no worries of breaking your axles!
Leon

jasil

Established Member
Originally posted by cito
Ford is full of crap because modded cars with slicks launched at high rpms break stock axles. Hmmmm. You know, I think Ford is full of crap because a lot of things, but that's not one of them.

Your right there, but they still suck and don't hold up near as well as Corvettes IRS or Toyota Supra's for that matter some front wheel drive imports have a stronger assembly. The person I know broke them on street tires once on a launch once on shifting into second.

:) 46stang, I do drive a minivan, priorities first ya know? Yes Cobra's are awesome, but there is no wrong in admitting that Ford dropped the ball on the strength of the IRS and it seems warranty work also.

Cobra Dude

Established Member
My 03 Cobra has broken two half shafts on different race days. I learned to launch easy and get out of it if there is any sign of wheel hop. I put in a torque arm from Kenny Brown. It helped my launch with less wheel hop but I blew a chunk of my diff cover off and sprayed the track with gear lube. Indy cars have IRS with over 900 HP and they do not break. Just launch easy until someone makes stronger half shafts for our IRS. Motive gear offered to have their Plant in Italy make me new half shafts the next time I break. I do not like to break because I have a reputation for breaking. The strip guys present me with a Scale Model 03 Cobra and said this is one that will not break. It is no fun to be towed down the track in front of spectators more than once. I have had my share. I still love my car and I just take off easy.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
The CV joints are the weak link in our IRS. The Vettes have u-joint halfshafts, which is why they are so much stronger. My shop guy says it would cost well over $1000 to modify Vette halfshafts to work with our IRS. So, I'm just gonna go with a solid axle.

For the record, I know people who run ET Streets with the stock IRS, and I myself have run ET Streets on 2 occasions, no breaks yet. My halfshafts stood up to a 5300 rpm dump with no problem.:shrug:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Nope...very achievable.

My sig has my #'s...so with his mods and good driving I dont see a problem.

46stang

Established Member
""""46stang, I do drive a minivan, priorities first ya know? Yes Cobra's are awesome, but there is no wrong in admitting that Ford dropped the ball on the strength of the IRS and it seems warranty work also."""""

I have at least 25 launches on et drags at 4500rpm at the track and still have not broke one! the thing you have to realize is our cars make an insane amount of low end torque and are really heavy cars! the combo of the two puts alot more stress on drivetrain components than any import car. the trick to not breaking them is NO wheel hop and when you launch slip the clutch slightly as to not shock the drivetrain! do i wish it was stronger? of course but i don't think the ball was dropped! now the wheel hop, the ball was dropped there! i'll admit that!
Leon

Users who are viewing this thread