10% off everything at Shelby Store!!!!!!!!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
You know, that's great and all, but one item bought from them isn't worth saving 10% on. The Shelby Heat Exchanger.

I would buy one from Revan Racing first. I may pay a little more for it (due to Shelby's temporary sale - otherwise Van is cheaper, and shipping is included for his price of $750.00), but I will get it in 2 days (they are in stock ready to ship)...not 6-8 weeks (Shelby has been known to do this and is disclosed in the product description). I also receive excellent customer support from Van. Someone chime in when they have had excellent customer support and service from Shelby.

Shelby is also not a sponsor here, so that's reason #3 to support a forum sponsor.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Don't forget the radiator...

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
You know, that's great and all, but one item bought from them isn't worth saving 10% on. The Shelby Heat Exchanger.

I would buy one from Revan Racing first. I may pay a little more for it (due to Shelby's temporary sale - otherwise Van is cheaper, and shipping is included for his price of $750.00), but I will get it in 2 days (they are in stock ready to ship)...not 6-8 weeks (Shelby has been known to do this and is disclosed in the product description). I also receive excellent customer support from Van. Someone chime in when they have had excellent customer support and service from Shelby.

Shelby is also not a sponsor here, so that's reason #3 to support a forum sponsor.

I was actually on the fence for a while on which one to get. They are the exact same product with a different logo. In the end for me I decided on the Shelby, just because I knew it would bother me later not having the one with the emblem showing threw the lower grille. I did however buy it from Van, if his was offered with lettering in the same location, and said something like Revan Racing I would have gone with that one. Any part I need I will call Van first as he has the best prices with shipping. Even when places have similar pricing they want 20-60 on shipping, wtf. There's also comfort in the fact Van is easily reachable, and willing to answer questions. Just my 2 cents.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I just got the email that there is a sale for everything at Shelby Performance Parts It is 10% off everything from aug 25th-September 5th. Use the code SUMMERSALE at checkout! :banana:

There is something cool about "Shelby" logo'ed authorized parts. Yes other parts can be had for less, yes "some" parts of the same type may perform better? But, there is a value that attaches to the Shelby stuff, don't ask me to explain, because I really don't know why? I think about something as simple as an intake manifold for a 65-68 289/302, or a 351W or a 427 or 428 FE motor. You can buy better performing manifolds all day from that era, you can even buy a similar looking manifold to the Shelby unit, but reality is, when it says "SHELBY" on it, it commands Big $$$, and the non-Shelby items are worth pennies on the dollars spent. I have no reason to think that this will not carry into the future when "Shelby enthusiasts" buy their used Shelby.

Parts that say "SHELBY" will command the Big $$$.

If you would also like a newer comparision check out the prices of "Shelby parts" for the Shelby/Dodge Daytona's from the mid-1980's. Even those parts and cars cost well above the others that are similar, but not Shelby. There is a much larger following for the 2007-up GT500 than there ever was for the FWD Shelby/Dodge.

One thing I have found, I have never received a SPP part, that was cheaply made. I have found their parts to be of good quality.

What did someone say on this forum over the last couple of days?.............."Buy the best and you only cry once"?

R

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I decided on the Shelby, just because I knew it would bother me later not having the one with the emblem showing threw the lower grille.

I thought that might bother me too, but after the install was complete....I couldn't see the damn logo anyway standing up. I had to get really low and shine a bright light at the front of the car.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Meh, Shelby is just spray painted on. I'm making mine (C&R) all black anyway as I don't want anyone to notice my mods. It is very simple to copy the Shelby spray-painted lettering if "future value" is a concern. The HE and Radiator are not stamped or embossed with the Shelby logo, right? No Shelby numbering either...

Van@RevanRacing

Meh, Shelby is just spray painted on. I'm making mine (C&R) all black anyway as I don't want anyone to notice my mods. It is very simple to copy the Shelby spray-painted lettering if "future value" is a concern. The HE and Radiator are not stamped or embossed with the Shelby logo, right? No Shelby numbering either...

Nothing serialized and nothing stamped or embossed. A stencil and some black spray paint is all.

After some mileage they look great with bug guts! After a road trip through Florida when the Love Bugs are in bloom you can kneel down and it will say "Shlepy" :beer:

svtmadman

Established Member
I hope this applies to the hoods. I may be making a call tomorrow. Van actually recommended me calling them to help save me money on the Rad/HE last year. I need to get the wifes credit card!

Poisnus Shelby

Established Member
I hope this applies to the hoods. I may be making a call tomorrow. Van actually recommended me calling them to help save me money on the Rad/HE last year. I need to get the wifes credit card!

It does, I typed in my 15% discount code and it took it off the hood at checkout.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Van actually recommended me calling them to help save me money on the Rad/HE last year. I need to get the wifes credit card!
Yeah, Van posted this up last year, so I assumed he benefits from each unit sold!? I hope so.

Anyhow, what exactly is your wife's CC #? I can always use some stuff.:-D

msy

Established Member
I called Shelby today to buy the white shift ball for my 07 GT500 and was told the supplier was so back ordered that they could not take an order from me. In this economy if you can't find a supplier that can allow you to keep up with your sales, you have a problem. Based upon the SUMMERSALE I suspect they are liquidataing inventory and are closing so they will not take orders for items they are sold out of

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You realize this happens with every single Shelby sale, right? Nothing new.

Users who are viewing this thread