107,000 miles TOB gone What else should I replace during job?

RocketRide03

Established Member
Hey Everyone,
A week or so my TOB finally imploded. My clutch had been slipping for nearly a year. My car a 2003 Cobra is completely stock expect when I bought it used it had Steeda shifter, quadrant, and adjustable clutch cable. I wasn't sure what I was going to find when I took transmission out last week. I wasn't sure if I was going to find aftermarket clutch setup with a 26 spline or 10 spline. After dropping the 125lb transmission on my shoulder(direct hit still have weird bump) I found it had stock clutch, and 10 spline output shaft. Considering it is all stock, and it is my daily driver I went with cheaper option of ordering 10 spline Centerforce DF clutch. I also did front wheel bearings, and new rotors and pads front and rear. I have no plans for upgrading motor or blower for awhile.

Considering 107k miles I was contemplating 02 sensor replacement, replacing my starter as it had been giving me fits about 3 weeks ago(deadspot, turn key a couple of times finally engaged the flywheel). Over the summer I replaced all pulley bearings, inner and outer tierods, and ball joints. I don't have a huge amount of money.

I am going to change all fluids oil, transmission since it is out, and rear diff because I have a small leak and it is up on jack stands.

What I need are the 4 O2 sensor part numbers from Ford. I looked on Tascaparts.com, but it isn't as clear to me what I should buy.

Any advice would be great!

Last edited:

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Change the TOB retainer sleeve well you have it apart. Get one of the beefy Lethal Performance ones. For the numbers, ask Steve@Tasca.

Zemedici

Established Member
why are you replacing all 4 o2 sensors? Are they failing?

'if it aint broke dont fix it'

regardless, lemme get you the P/Ns

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
new hardware for flywheel bolts for sure. I ended up not getting new PP bolts and used loctite on them (I wasn't thinking when i ordered all my parts and was getting tired of having my car torn apart so I just said f it). Also, take out the bracket for the wiring harness that goes above the transmission. It's not necessary and getting the bell housing back on after you're done is much easier.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
FRPP TO bearing only, Anti-Venom mod, OE cable, firewall adjuster, quadrant, freeplay mod, pedal height mod.

I should have kept my freeplay mod, sold it new a year or two ago. I can't seem to find them anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread