10's on stock tires?

chimazo

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone (regardless of mods) has gotten into the 10's with the stock wheel/tire combo?? Can it be done?

sharke

Established Member
I can see it now. 10.9 at 150 mph.

Even if its possible that would not be safe. Enough power to run 10s on stock tires would mean that first second and probably third would be one hell of a ride.

I think it would only be possible if you had a shitload of power and then put in 3.01s to make the gears really really long.

Blaine

Established Member
With stock tires even with INSANE power it is gonna be very very hard unless someone devises a way to put an AWD into the GT500.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
don't worry, evo will probably announce a new record fastest time on stock tires any time now. look for it to be in the 7 second range, lol.

chimazo

Established Member
I just didn't know if anyone had done it (or come close), but I guess 285 rubber isn't enough to do the job. It would take a boatload of practice, but I don't think anyone has it as a goal, though I think it could be done without resorting to 800rwhp. All you need would be a 1.8 or less 60' and at least 600rwhp, no?

Blaine

Established Member
that's not going to happen on the goodyear stockers

+1. Power needed with stock tires would be 1000 rwhp+. Alot of lost time to make up with the crappy launch due to the stock goodyears.

In order for this to be done, major weight loss, suspension mods, and a ton of HP somewhere above 1000. I see alot of Cobras sporting Twin Turbos over 1000HP that can barely get into the 10's running Nitto DR's which grip 100X better than the goodyears.

The evolution car has all of this.. weight under 3500, suspension mods, and 1000+ rwhp. So if any car can... this one could. If this one can't.. well ITS NOT possible on a budget under 100k. Maybe they can toss on a set of stockers just to see the results. :coolman:

Last edited:

Subzero

Established Member
I think I am still the closest to the 10's (that I know of) on stock tires, running 11.40's. I think that a 20 or 30 is very possible. My car ran in the 40's with only 548RWHP (Mustang Dyno)

I think a 10 MAY be possible on stock tires with a nice shot of Nitrous in 3rd and 4th gear, OR 600-625RWHP.

However, I will respectfully disagree with those who say 800-1000RWHP is needed to make it happen. I think with that much power, you would run 13's, if you didn't hit the wall a few times first. :beer:

sharke

Established Member
I think I am still the closest to the 10's (that I know of) on stock tires, running 11.40's. I think that a 20 or 30 is very possible. My car ran in the 40's with only 548RWHP (Mustang Dyno)

I think a 10 MAY be possible on stock tires with a nice shot of Nitrous in 3rd and 4th gear, OR 600-625RWHP.

However, I will respectfully disagree with those who say 800-1000RWHP is needed to make it happen. I think with that much power, you would run 13's, if you didn't hit the wall a few times first. :beer:

What mods did you use to run that time on stock tires?

Blaine

Established Member
2.6 Metco pulley, Lund canned tune, JLT. That's it! No suspension, exhaust, gears etc. Weighed the car afterwards at 4115 with me in it. Had a 1.76 60 foot....

4100lbs.. put that fat girl on a diet. and you will have 10's easy. Nice times on stock tires.

sharke

Established Member
2.6 Metco pulley, Lund canned tune, JLT. That's it! No suspension, exhaust, gears etc. Weighed the car afterwards at 4115 with me in it. Had a 1.76 60 foot....

Either you are a professional race car driver or you sold your soul to the devil for an 11 second run on stock tires.

:p

chimazo

Established Member
Some of the fastest times are run here in MD, including both a STOCK C6 Z06 and GEN4 Viper having broken into the 10's on stock tires, which was actually the idea behind my original question. The Z06 even comes with runflats, too (ok, ok, w-i-d-e runflats). Both of these ran 1.7x 60' times, with an obviously excellent experienced driver.

If Subzero adds another 50rwhp to his already fast car, he could do it (which would equal the #'s I posted above of a sub 1.8 60' and 600rwhp being necessary). Hmmm, maybe I should start practicing my launch/shifting... It would be a fun goal, nonetheless.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
that's not going to happen on the goodyear stockers

x2 no way it could happen, because it would spin way to much, you have to have sticky tires to do it. maybe if your stock tires rolled in some tar.:shrug:

big1inch

Established Member
I could win alot of money with this one. I could go 10.999 with stock tires with 640 rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread