11.2 @ 131.2

Black03WPB

Established Member
BillyGMan, everyone else understood exactly what he was talking about.. if you dont understand the conversation held here, perhaps there will soon be a remedial version of SVTPerformance

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Originally posted by Black03WPB
BillyGMan, everyone else understood exactly what he was talking about.. if you dont understand the conversation held here, perhaps there will soon be a remedial version of SVTPerformance

Okay Dad. :rollseyes So now you're speaking for everyone else, uh?

Part of what he said was all wrong anyway. But maybe you were so busy trying to correct me that you didn't read that part.

Last edited:

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by 809
Ok. I've been thinking about this for a while and waited to see if anyone else had given it much thought. We know how much we love to mod our vehicles and I'm sure there is someone out there that can afford a GT that will want to try this, but has anyone given it much thought what a KB Blozilla would do to that car? I'm sure it will happen. Someone is going to want to go the extra mile with this.

AND THEN we can say how crazy the hp wars have gotten. I can't wait to read about it.

The car already has a twin-screw sc.

:beer:

rocket5979

Established Member
Originally posted by venom279
The car already has a twin-screw sc.

:beer:

That was the point I was going to make too! No point in trying to throw a KB on there when there is a perfectly good Whipple twin screw on there! No difference whipple has the lysholm twin screw where as the KB uses the autorotor twin screw. I think the thing that throws alot of people off is that the Whipples look alot like the Eatons so most people who glance just think it is another roots type charger but it is not. Chip and pulley it and see just what kind of numbers that car can really put out!

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
It's my understanding that the twin-screw that's on the GT engine has been specially designed for Ford by Eaton.

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by BillyGman
It's my understanding that the twin-screw that's on the GT engine has been specially designed for Ford by Eaton.

That's what I was thinking also. I haven't seen a whipple in person, but in all the pics of the engine that I have seen, it looks like an eaton..:shrug:

rocket5979

Established Member
Originally posted by venom279
That's what I was thinking also. I haven't seen a whipple in person, but in all the pics of the engine that I have seen, it looks like an eaton..:shrug:

The whipple looks alooooot like an Eaton. Here are some pictures of whipple twin screws.

compressors.jpg

MyWhipple002.jpg

Here is a Whippled 03 Cobra. Resembles the Eaton Roots charger alot.

Here is a link to Whipple.com to show you what kind of charger it is.

Whipple Site Link

Alot of people are confused about this because the Eaton Roots and the Ford GT twin screw look soo much alike. People takling of putting a KB twin screw on it are just planning to waste money, the GT already has a very very efficient 2.3 liter twin screw supercharger on it. The only thing to gain more power would be to up the boost on it. Those 2.3L Whipples will hold 20+ psi. I hope this helps some that were confused.

Last edited:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
I know that you're correct about some people being confused on this isssue. However, I wasn't one of those who were. I read somewhere that the S/Cer on the new Ford GT IS infact designed by Eaton. If that's true, then I believe that it's the first twin-screw design S/Cer ever produced by that company. If I remember where I read that, then I'll be back to post a link to that info.

Last edited:

rocket5979

Established Member
I dont think that Eaton had anything to do with this supercharger design. Unless they got together with Whipple to produce it for some reason. But I cannot think of any reason why whipple would let Eaton in on the cheddar, when it comes to designing a charger for a domestic supercar. If you go to the whipple site you will see in their news section where it says that they designed the GT supercharger.

My apologies for mixing you up with some others that are confused about the look of the whipples versus the eatons.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
No problem Rocket man. Thanks for that Whipple info. i guess you're correct. :thumbsup:

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Originally posted by rocket5979
I dont think that Eaton had anything to do with this supercharger design. Unless they got together with Whipple to produce it for some reason. But I cannot think of any reason why whipple would let Eaton in on the cheddar, when it comes to designing a charger for a domestic supercar. If you go to the whipple site you will see in their news section where it says that they designed the GT supercharger.

My apologies for mixing you up with some others that are confused about the look of the whipples versus the eatons.

It *IS* an Eaton twin-screw. Maybe they worked with Whipple on the design, maybe it's an OEM re-badge, don't know- but I do know it has an Eaton name on it.

I was looking at a GT last weekend at the Anaheim auto show. There was a tall secret-service-looking guy in a suit and Ford name badge standing next to me talking to another person and he said "That's an Eaton supercharger making 12.x pounds of boost".

rocket5979

Established Member
Originally posted by 03SoCalCobra
It *IS* an Eaton twin-screw. Maybe they worked with Whipple on the design, maybe it's an OEM re-badge, don't know- but I do know it has an Eaton name on it.

I was looking at a GT last weekend at the Anaheim auto show. There was a tall secret-service-looking guy in a suit and Ford name badge standing next to me talking to another person and he said "That's an Eaton supercharger making 12.x pounds of boost".

I dont mean to be contrary but I will point one thing out here. Doesn't it seem that usually the most misinformation about new vehicles, especially ones as upscale as this one, is spread mostly by the people that are supposed to be the so called experts? How many times have you seen dealers and other "experts" say something that is totally outlandish and wrong. Sorry but unless it comes from one of the guys that either built it or designed it themself, then I am sticking the Whipple story. Besides, if eaton were involved on such a relatively big domestic supercar project would it not seem only logical for them to le tthe public know about that and get the free advertisement and good press out of it? But they dont even have one mention of it anywhere on their webpage. There are just way too many things pointing towards Whipple-Lysholm. So far all the opposing information is just in the form of hearsay. Not meaning to cut anyone down in the slightest but thats what it is. I am not a ford rep or any kind of tech expert, but once I find enough substantiating information then it is really hard to counteract that. It may be a rebadge. I dont know. Just out of curiousity, has anyone physically seen the enginebay of one of these IN PERSON and seen what it said. Not in pictures or anything else. Maybe it does have an Eaton badge on it. But I cannot think for the life of me why Eaton would not bring that more to light both through their advertisement and through their webpage. Just doesnt make sense.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Originally posted by rocket5979
Maybe it does have an Eaton badge on it. But I cannot think for the life of me why Eaton would not bring that more to light both through their advertisement and through their webpage. Just doesnt make sense.

I've read that it is an Eaton, but in light of what you've previously stated, I just can't be certain. But let me point out that Eaton had manufactured so many S/Cers for so many production cars all over the world, that they might not be inclined to advertise the Manufacture of one S/Cer even if it is a twin-screw design. Especially if they have no intentions of making a twin-screw design for any other car. They've produced S/Cers for many other factory production cars including Mercedes, Ford, Jaguar, Aston Martin, and Buick. So having designed one for the GT (IF infact they have) isn't by any means the first time they've supplied a S/Cer for a production car. They claim that there are about 500,000 cars on the road worldwide that are equipped w/their S/Cers. I don't think there's any other S/Cer manufacture that has even come close to that. And there definately isn't any other S/Cer manufacture that has been the choice of five different major car manufactures like Eaton has been. So my point is that unlike other S/Cer manufactures, Eaton might not have any reason for being high profile about supplying a S/Cer for the Ford GT since they already have sold many more S/Cers than any of the other companies have, and they continue to do so.

Eaton's business isn't merely in the aftermarket sector as most other S/Cer manufactures' are. So they are a whole different entity. Think about it. Even though Whipple and Kenne Belle are considered to be the ultimate at the dragstrip (and for good reason) how many production cars right out of the factory have been supplied w/their S/Cers? I don't know of any, and if there are, it must not be a whole lot. Eaton has been the supplier of S/Cers for factory production cars since 1989 (the Thunderbird). So Eaton has been involved w/high volume contracts for S/Cer production for 15 years now, and producing one for the Ford GT wouldn't be any big deal for them. You say that Eaton must not have designed the S/cer for the Ford GT simply because they don't make mention of that on their website, but what about the fact that Whipple doesn't make mention of it on their website either? So that works both ways. And for Whipple, having designed a S/Cer for a production car to be equipped w/right out of the factory would be a major big deal since that isn't their usual market. But it has been all along for Eaton.

Last edited:

rocket5979

Established Member
Originally posted by BillyGman
So Eaton has been involved w/high volume contracts for S/cer production for 15 years now, and producing one for the Ford GT wouldn't be any big deal for them.

Yeah Eaton has been involved in alot of production cars worldwide. They hands down account for more cars OEM supercharged than any other maker, period. But my point wasnt really based upon quantity it was based upon quality of the cars it is going into. I wouldnt imagine Eaton would make a big deal out of making a twin screw. Maybe a little something said about it but not front page or anything. But a company making a charger for a domestic SUPERCAR compared to a domestic production car is different. That would be noteworthy. At the very least on the website. I dont think Eaton has made a supercharger for any other car that would be considered a supercar, has it??? So if indeed this was the first supercar they made a charger for I would think they would pretty much plaster their website with stuff about their being involved with the GT project. Or at least a comment made somewhere. I am just trying to use common sense instead of taking hearsay for fact. I have let myself get lead astray before by misinformation and will always try to prevent it from happening again. If it really is an Eaton then by all means, once I am presented the evidence I will recognize it, but till then I am still pretty confident that it is Whipple-Lysholm who did the GT supercharger.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
But wouldn't Whipple mention it on their websight if that was the case? How many "supercars" have they made S/Cers for? We're both speculating here, and neither one of us knows the answer for sure. I'll try and do some investigation on this when I find the time. If i stumble over any info, I'll provide a link to it. In the meantime perhaps you can do the same. Thanks in advance.

rocket5979

Established Member
Whipple did mention it on their website. One of the links above points to the page that they talk a little bit about it. I will provide the links again though.

Main Whipple News Page

Notice for the 9/8/2003 newletter heading about the whipple charger for the GT.

Lysholm Ford GT page

Here is what is contained in the article.

Find the whipple 2300AX kit for the Cobra or anything else and you will see them make a reference to the same twin screw being used on the Ford GT.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
But look at what I've also found on the Whipple website. Below is a direct quote taken right from their webpage which clearly indicates that Eaton has developed the Lyshom supercharger for the 2005 Ford GT. Just look at what it says about the agreement that Whipple has signed w/the Eaton company. It states that Eaton will produce the OEM Lysholm Superchargers, while Whipple will handle all the aftermarket ones. And this agreement was signed by both companies in October of 2000.

"has now signed an exclusive agreement with Lysholm Technologies and Eaton Corporation to distribute twin-screw compressors of Lysholm design to the aftermarket industry. With this agreement, Whipple Superchargers has already begun development of “bolt-on” supercharger systems for popular Ford, GM, Chrysler, Honda, BMW, Mercedes and Mercury Marine engines with state-of-the-art computer technology to aid in computer programming. Eaton Corporation has an exclusive contract for Lysholm compressors for OEM levels while Whipple Superchargers will handle the aftermarket industry. Whipple no longer has any involvement or association in any way to the company Kenne Bell or Kenne Bell products."

and here's a link to where on the Whipple website that I found this:

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/news.asp?articleID=50

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 11.2 @ 131.2

Originally posted by E. Green Cobra
Yes and No- the Ford might have a meaty powerband- But the other part of this equation is the fact the the car will put everybit of the "rated 550hp" to the rear tires. The Gt's are making easily 660+hp. I haven't seen any dynos of enzos but I bet they've got a nice and meaty powerband as well. Similar weights, similar mph gotta have similar power!

Besides gears will compensate for "peaky" high rpm power. All that maurader needs is a gear swap.:beer:

Dyno on one GT I seen posted on the web had 565 to the wheels.

I will find it again.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread