11.2 @ 131.2

rocket5979

Established Member
Originally posted by BillyGman
But look at what I've also found on the Whipple website. Below is a direct quote taken right from their webpage which clearly indicates that Eaton has developed the Lyshom supercharger for the 2005 Ford GT. Just look at what it says about the agreement that Whipple has signed w/the Eaton company. It states that Eaton will produce the OEM Lysholm Superchargers, while Whipple will handle all the aftermarket ones. And this agreement was signed by both companies in October of 2000.

and here's a link to where on the Whipple website that I found this:

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/news.asp?articleID=50

Good stuff Billy. I stand corrected. I didnt even see that. I knew they had signed with Lysholm a while back, but didnt know that Eaton had also. Kind of makes me curious as to why Eaton hasnt really done anything till recent with their lysholm twin screw rights.... Assuming that the GT is the first Eaton twin screw venture. Still has me curious as to why Eaton hasnt even mentioned it on their site! Great free press! Cannot beat that! I mean even good press for the OEM supercharger systems will yield better results for even the aftermarket side of things in the company too. Kind of like one hand washing the other. Hmm.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Originally posted by rocket5979
Good stuff Billy. I stand corrected. I didnt even see that. I knew they had signed with Lysholm a while back, but didnt know that Eaton had also. Kind of makes me curious as to why Eaton hasnt really done anything till recent with their lysholm twin screw rights....

I think that I would've never found that unless you opened up this friendly debate in the first place about which company designed the Ford GT S/Cer. Therefore this has been a team effort between you and myself. :thumbsup:

I know what you mean about Eaton not being high profile about this at all. My guess is that it's simply because Eaton really doesn't deal w/the consumer public directly, but rather w/the car car manufactures. Perhaps they have been trying to sell the auto makers on the Lysholm design, but since Eaton has such a long and successfull track record w/the roots design, then maybe most car manufactures are inclined to stay w/the tried and proven.

What I mean is, most of us hi-perf car enthusiasts know all about the superiority, and prowess of the twin-screw designed S/cer, and how much more power it offers since most of us have either witnessed the results at the dragstrip, have known others who have installed one on their car, or have had one ourselves. But the average guy, including the car manufacture executives, might be more concerned w/track records which prove durability specifically on OEM factory applications.

But another possible reason why Eaton has been slow w/the Lysholm design might be the fact that the internal rotors of the twin-screw S/Cer are more difficult to manufacture than those of the roots design, and therefore more costly also. And that could be another selling point in favor of the roots S/Cer as far as the car manufactures are concerned(cost $$$). That's just one of the reasons why I had stated in one of my previous posts that the Eaton company is a whole different entity. Because their direct customer is NOT us consumers. It's actually the car manufactures themselves. That's why Eaton doesn't get a whole lot into descriptive detail about their product on their website. Infact you can learn much more about their roots S/Cers by going to their main distributor which is Magnuson. http://www.magnusonproducts.com/

Even though Marauder never came equipped from the factory with S/Cers, those of us who own S/Ced Marauders that are equipped w/the Eaton roots S/Cer, did NOT go directly to Eaton since that wouldn't have been possible. It just so happens that in the case of the mercury Marauder, there's a company called Trilogy Motorsports who has designed a complete S/Cer kit for the Marauder. So it's Trilogy Motorsports who Eaton has dealt with, not the individuals who are Marauder owners themselves. And Trilogy Motorsports is an international company which employs 90 people including it's own engineers. So Eaton simply isn't a company that deals with the individual consumer like Whipple, Kenne Belle, Vortec, and Procharger does. Furthermore, S/Cers are just one of Eaton's many products, and not all of their products are for automotive applications either. Some of their products are purely for industrial uses.

Last edited:

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
The speed was limited to 205 because it was a little skittish beyond that. They don't want amateurs taking it past that threshold.

Users who are viewing this thread