'11 5.0 vs C6 Corvette 'vert

SVT Rob

Established Member
Don't know the guy, he was all by himself with the top down. I'm assuming the car is an auto, as it didn't look like he was doing anything but stab-and-steer. He got behind me on the highway, goosed it a few times as I could see the front of his car lift and drop. I was on my way back from Clarksville TN, picking up my teenage daughters, so had a full car load. Dropped it into 5th and floored it, started walking away from him. Shut it down around 110 or so and I had pulled a car length on him.

I was kind of surprised, figured with the wife and both kids plus all the gear they took with them for three weeks with their grandparents, I'd be on the losing end of that match.

2011 GT Premium, Roush mufflers are the only performance mod. Factory MT82, stock clutch, Brembo brakes, 3.73's, also has a set of 19x9/10 Boss 302 Laguna Seca wheels with 255/285 P-Zero's.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Don't know the guy, he was all by himself with the top down. I'm assuming the car is an auto, as it didn't look like he was doing anything but stab-and-steer. He got behind me on the highway, goosed it a few times as I could see the front of his car lift and drop. I was on my way back from Clarksville TN, picking up my teenage daughters, so had a full car load. Dropped it into 5th and floored it, started walking away from him. Shut it down around 110 or so and I had pulled a car length on him.

I was kind of surprised, figured with the wife and both kids plus all the gear they took with them for three weeks with their grandparents, I'd be on the losing end of that match.

2011 GT Premium, Roush mufflers are the only performance mod. Factory MT82, stock clutch, Brembo brakes, 3.73's, also has a set of 19x9/10 Boss 302 Laguna Seca wheels with 255/285 P-Zero's.

This thread has potential….

52486866.jpg

RussianStang

Established Member
You sir IZZZ full of shit!!! haha I got a 5.0 "w/boss intake" and my shit cant beat a c6 especially from 5th gear. The only way I would beat a c6 from that speed and that gear is if he/she never moved.

SVT Rob

Established Member
Oh that's right, this forum caters to Corvette's and it was just a Camaro with a Corvette body kit ....... :bored:

All I can tell you is it happened the way it did, not my fault he didn't have a driver mod or that there was too much traffic to keep going longer so he could eventually pass me. 5th gear at 75 is ~4k rpms, not a bad place to pull on the highway.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Oh that's right, this forum caters to Corvette's and it was just a Camaro with a Corvette body kit ....... :bored:

All I can tell you is it happened the way it did, not my fault he didn't have a driver mod or that there was too much traffic to keep going longer so he could eventually pass me. 5th gear at 75 is ~4k rpms, not a bad place to pull on the highway.

please stop. just stop. NO ONE pulls from 5th gear…. with family in the car… against a vette...you boob.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member

i believe the SVT road kill issue is:

the 5.0 at 412hp and 3600lbs + an additional minimum of 330lbs (i'm being nice) isn't out running a car that makes 400 - 430hp (LS2 or LS3) and weighs in around 3200lbs or so. no driver mod needed...

a slight 5th gear pull isn't a race.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
This turd of a kill story needs SD.... Now!

So OP, are you Boss intake or CJ mani?

Users who are viewing this thread