11.787 @ 117.82 Mph

elmo0244

Established Member
I went to Bowling Green on Saturday to improve on my previous 12.07 that I thought was really disappointing and I knew my car could get a better time than that. This is what I ran.

First run
R/T .115
60 ft 1.897
330 ft 5.027
1/8 7.666 @ 94.50 MPH
1000 ft 9.933
1/4 11.847 @ 118.19 MPH

Third run
R/T .618
60 ft 1.809
330 ft 4.944
1/8 7.584 @ 94.36 MPH
1000 ft 9.865
1/4 11.787 @117.82 MPH

The second, fourth and fifth runs weren't anything to brag about! I either spun or shifted from third to second! Getting the Cobra in the high 11's was one of my goals for the year and I knew she had it in her!!!
:rockon:

P.S. I really think the Brisk plugs helped. It accelerates alot smoother.

WIRELESS

Were all crazy here....
Established Member
:thumbsup: Saw you 11.7 pass, sweet! I couldn't seem to get mine into third. I would like to say it was too much flex but I fear it was driver error....Still learning the car.. I did cut a .499 light though.

elmo0244

Established Member
Third gear in the mustang can sometimes be tricky, but I'm better at hitting third than I am at hitting fourth! :lol:

trey193

Established Member
Good Job ELMO and good metting ya. Looks like the Brisk plugs helped ya for sure. I got some new best traps 101 1/8 and right at 126 1/4 at best but couldnt get any descent 60's!! We'll have to meet up again down there when the weather gets chilly!:) Props to ya on busting down into the 11's and driving it home!!! Gotta love these cars I drove mine 2hours went 11.30's with a shitty mid 1.8 60ft and got some new mph bests and then drove the car back, doesnt get any better than that!

elmo0244

Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
Good Job ELMO and good metting ya. Looks like the Brisk plugs helped ya for sure. I got some new best traps 101 1/8 and right at 126 1/4 at best but couldnt get any descent 60's!! We'll have to meet up again down there when the weather gets chilly!:) Props to ya on busting down into the 11's and driving it home!!! Gotta love these cars I drove mine 2hours went 11.30's with a shitty mid 1.8 60ft and got some new mph bests and then drove the car back, doesnt get any better than that!
hell ya i know what your talking about i love these car's alot of banging for the buck.:rockon:

elmo0244

Established Member
Originally posted by WIRELESS
:thumbsup: Saw you 11.7 pass, sweet! I couldn't seem to get mine into third. I would like to say it was too much flex but I fear it was driver error....Still learning the car.. I did cut a .499 light though.
can you get your p.m's now?

WIRELESS

Were all crazy here....
Established Member
Yeah I was clicking the little red box instead of the P.M. bar. I'll give you a call...I have an extra Diablo tuner for an 03-04 Cobra if you know anybody up there that wants one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by elmo0244
Third gear in the mustang can sometimes be tricky, but I'm better at hitting third than I am at hitting fourth! :lol:

Nice new set of times. I know what you mean about third gear. I constantly had that same problem with mine. My Tri-Ax didn't help but I was told that a Steeda clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster would have helped a lot. But I see that you have them installed. That mod didn't help then?

elmo0244

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Nice new set of times. I know what you mean about third gear. I constantly had that same problem with mine. My Tri-Ax didn't help but I was told that a Steeda clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster would have helped a lot. But I see that you have them installed. That mod didn't help then?
it did help going to 3rd i can power shift it now.i think there is something wrong with my shifter i keep going from 3rd to 2nd:nonono:. i have never done that in a car before:shrug:

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
Congratulations. I had some friends from Knoxville go up there saturday night, maybe you saw them. A NBM 02' SS, Black C5 Vette w/supercharger, Red 03 Cobra and a 00' black SS. The NBM SS was my old car: (

elmo0244

Established Member
Originally posted by BANDIT HPT
Congratulations. I had some friends from Knoxville go up there saturday night, maybe you saw them. A NBM 02' SS, Black C5 Vette w/supercharger, Red 03 Cobra and a 00' black SS. The NBM SS was my old car: (
no i didn't see those car's.i'm they were there lot's of camaro's there.i did see a vett there with some slick's and decal's on it.was that him?

wuplash

Established Member
nice times elmo:beer:

it was good to meet you at bg saturday,i was hoping for my first 11 sec pass but it was not to be on that time out.

elmo0244

Established Member
Originally posted by wuplash
nice times elmo:beer:

it was good to meet you at bg saturday,i was hoping for my first 11 sec pass but it was not to be on that time out.
yeah it was nice meeting you too.i have never seen a 2.60 until your's man that thing is small.maybe we can all meet there again sometime.was your best time there in your sig?

WIRELESS

Were all crazy here....
Established Member
probably just making a better 60ft than some other guys. Does the adj quadrant really help the 2 -3 shift?.....

elmo0244

Established Member
Originally posted by WIRELESS
probably just making a better 60ft than some other guys. Does the adj quadrant really help the 2 -3 shift?.....
yeah i can speed shift the hell out of it.i never let of the gas:rockon:

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by elmo0244
yeah it was nice meeting you too.i have never seen a 2.60 until your's man that thing is small.maybe we can all meet there again sometime.was your best time there in your sig?

yep my best time that day is in my sig.this was my first outing with this new setup and so far i have only made 13 quarter mile passes with the cobra.6 on stock pulley,2 when i had the rr2.75 and now 5 with my rr2.60.i still need a little more seat time to get my 11 sec pass,but the more i run the more comfortable i'am getting with the car and concentrating better on shifting quick.

you were getting some real nice 60' times:beer:

yea maybe we can meet there again sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread