'11 vs '13

DIB5.0

Established Member
Thinking about trading my '11 GT in for a '13 with select shift auto, Brembo and Recaros. What do you guys think of the advantages and disadvantages of going from '11 to a '13?

DIB5.0

Established Member
Im getting 26K for my car plus 1250 in rebates. Plus paying invoice for car.

Last edited:

SVTStampede

Established Member
Advantages= Most likely better all around. Also I'd bet more reliable due to the uh...testing..us 2011-12s guys did for Ford.

Disadvantage= Uglier, painted trim makes the cars look bigger.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Advantages= Most likely better all around. Also I'd bet more reliable due to the uh...testing..us 2011-12s guys did for Ford.

Disadvantage= Uglier, painted trim makes the cars look bigger.

:lol: the guinea group

ViciousJay

Established Member
i would much rather swap parts over seeing how the cars have the same lines except for the front end and hood. All the bumpers and lights will line up as it looks, and whats 10 extra hp really? it takes at least 50hp well skilled drivers to beat another

i thought about this as well and came to the conclusion that the juice isnt worth the squeeze

Last edited:

JerryC

Established Member
Thinking about trading my '11 GT in for a '13 with select shift auto, Brembo and Recaros. What do you guys think of the advantages and disadvantages of going from '11 to a '13?

If I had not put the blower on, I'd consider it for the Brembos and Recaros.

If the select shift actually works as in I move the shifter and it shifts instantly, that alone would have me making the switch.

I really don't like the GT500 wanna be front end though.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
The '13 has some nice upgrades, but IMO the '11-'12 is a much better looking car!! I definitely agree than the painted lower rocker panels makes the car look FAT, especially on the lighter colored cars!!

acrbill

Established Member
Im getting 26K for my car plus 1250 in rebates. Plus paying invoice for car.

What options do you have?? $26k seems high unless you have tons of options.

If you financed the 2011 not only will you be losing all the interest you paid on that loan you will also be paying interest on the new loan.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Once a few of these start coming up wrecked I'll be scoring me a set of recaros too. :)

fake

Established Member
The '13 has some nice upgrades, but IMO the '11-'12 is a much better looking car!! I definitely agree than the painted lower rocker panels makes the car look FAT, especially on the lighter colored cars!!

This^^^^^^

Bud

Established Member
They need to offer an auto behind that 5.8 gt500, otherwise no good reason to trade for a newer model.

SVTPete83

Established Member
The select shift has a slight delay in my raptor. That being said it just takes a little practice to get used to the timing. One thing I really like about it is when you're in auto you can lock out gears with it. So if you don't want to go into 5th at all just hit the down button till the 6 and 5 disappear on the 4 inch LCD screen and it won't go past fourth. Kinda sick!

Grant808

Established Member

Might do the same for a late '13 or '14 convertible, assuming the aftermarket does well with the select shift tunes.

Disadvantages to me for the '13 are all cosmetic. Mostly the front end and painted rocker/lower mouldings.

Advantages are all added features: Cooling vents in hood, available options on the autos, better gauges/my touch, better looking tail lights.

kingnut

Established Member
i cant wait to see all these threads when the 2015's come out.

watchdogg

Established Member
I was not too crazy about the new look, and really, really love my kona blue which has been replaced. But I am extremely happy with my 2012 so I am good. I saw several 2013 in person last week at the auto show in DC and they look better in person. The only 2013 I would consider worth trading in if my wallet was fat would be a boss (with the premium equivelent) or gt500

Advantage?
8hp, not much but they have had three years and built a race oriented version on the 5.0, so I say it has been improved from us 11/12 guys testing them for FORD.

Gimicks if you like the new track timer and stuff. Select shift if your not a three pedal guy.

New styling if it floats your boat.

A newer model years always has added value/diserability

Better options on Brembo and track pak -now can be ordered w/auto

Disadvantages?

No way a dealer/banks is not going to make money on you in a trade. Up to you if its worth it.

You already have a 2011, The 2015 will be out in two years which should be a special car, we hope!

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I have gave this a thought or two,but i can't justify it(just put a TVS on my '11),although i am a big fan of the new options of the '13,i wonder what a fully optioned out '13 with an auto will cost,versus a nice low mileage used '12 GT500 With nav and recaros?
I'll keep my "relic" for now.. :rolling::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread