11's finally!!!!!

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Just a little history.....
Before my Shelby, I owned a nicely modded M6 3.73 11 5.0. I worked my way down to a 12.054.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hoo1HGzVDJQ

Then came the issues. I bought a Barton bracket, then came the 1-2 shift lockout in the crappy MT-82 which only happened at the track under WOT. After research and disgust I bought the MGW (still no luck), motor mounts, JHR clutch line, dot3 to dot4, and lastly new tranny fluid. Nothing work! In 2012 I finally gave up and traded in for a 2012 GT500.

Back on Topic. After two year of owning this car I finally hit 11's last week,a tremendous milestone for me! Would have done it sooner but got married etc.... Car has been on back burner for the last year or so.

Now I'm back to the game ( thanks blown04svtcobra for the pulley and belt help cause no more issues after shift) and need some advice. Mods in sig, 3.55's, stock elbow, stock throttle body. On DR NT05R 19's ran 11.877 @ 125 mph with a 1.8 60'. I want to go faster! I'm thinking the 60' and traction is my enemy right now . Nitto DR helped and better then the stock tires but still had tire spin and not enough traction. So I bought some 26x10x15 MT slicks on 15x10 racestars. So should I go suspension, gears? Am I on the right track? Does my mph seem a little low? Just need a little guidance on my next move. Thanks

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Hmm looking at your mods, you need LCA's of your choice. That will stop the wheelhop I am sure your getting now, and help you launch better. You could also later do a one piece DS to save weight and its just better overall really.

The LCA will help greatly. You may also look at doing a TB.....the stock one is now the restriction in your setup. You have a myriad of choices here, use what you feel will work in your application.

With the my mods which are similar, I have gone 11.05@128 in the S. FL heat. I am running on M&H 325's on 15's Darkstars. As soon as it stops raining, I will head out for my 10sec slip :)

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Before my Shelby, I owned a nicely modded M6 3.73 11 5.0. I worked my way down to a 12.054.

Then came the issues. I bought a Barton bracket, then came the 1-2 shift lockout in the crappy MT-82 which only happened at the track under WOT. After research and disgust I bought the MGW (still no luck), motor mounts, JHR clutch line, dot3 to dot4, and lastly new tranny fluid. Nothing work! In 2012 I finally gave up and traded in for a 2012 GT500.

Back on Topic. After two year of owning this car I finally hit 11's last week,a tremendous milestone for me! Would have done it sooner but got married etc.... Car has been on back burner for the last year or so.

Now I'm back to the game ( thanks blown04svtcobra for the pulley and belt help cause no more issues after shift) and need some advice. Mods in sig, 3.55's, stock elbow, stock throttle body. On DR NT05R 19's ran 11.877 @ 125 mph with a 1.8 60'. I want to go faster! I'm thinking the 60' and traction is my enemy right now . Nitto DR helped and better then the stock tires but still had tire spin and not enough traction. So I bought some 26x10x15 MT slicks on 15x10 racestars. So should I go suspension, gears? Am I on the right track? Does my mph seem a little low? Just need a little guidance on my next move. Thanks

no problem bud...glad I could be of help.

RSAGT500

Established Member

Man, I should have gone up there on Saturday, but i was worried about breaking my car being 2 hours from the house and no way to get it home. Is a 26" tire the right size for 3.55 gears?

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Man, I should have gone up there on Saturday, but i was worried about breaking my car being 2 hours from the house and no way to get it home. Is a 26" tire the right size for 3.55 gears?
I had 28' MT DR..... The same ones from the vid I posted above and iirc I was having to shift into 4th at the trap. Can anyone verify the right tire size for a 3.55 gear?

Congrats. Get some 10's now
Thanks. That is the goal
How are you cooling the car down before your passes??
I do have an 3x reservoir, H/E with fans. But also letting it cool between runs.

Users who are viewing this thread