12 Camaro Vs. Ported Cobra?

zeusha

Established Member
My Buddy just brought a 12 SS Camaro fully optioned with 1600 miles I just ran him on the street with street tires on both cars and he got me by 2 car lengths? Im confused! Is this right or am I a bad Cobra driver? What should I be running with Steggy Ported blower (not sure what port job just sure is ported, brought from member on here) K&N FPac, 3.1 Pulley, no tune (getting an SCT to tune in the blower) and Roush Side Exhaust. Is my DD so im not worried about it being crazy fast but how fast are the new Camaro's then?
WP_000127.jpg
V__8000.jpg

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
you shouldnt have a problem out running him if he is stock .. you should be making much more rwhp and lighter

to post pics from photobucket you copy and paste the "IMG code"

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
get a tune and race again .. the tune is probably whats holding your hp potential back .. wayyy back

Last edited:

zeusha

Established Member
you shouldnt have a problem out running him if he is stock .. you should be making much more rwhp and lighter

to post pics from photobucket you copy and paste the "IMG code"
Gotcha thanks I got it now. I was thinking the same thing too? I should be able to pull off at least a mid 12? I think the New Camaro's Run what? High 12's?

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
You should be raping that SS if it's stock. Your car should be lighter and have more power.

I am on an unported Eaton and have personally beaten 2 SS Camaros. You should be ahead of him by 2-3 car lengths.

Did you race from a dig or roll? Sounds like you just need some seat time.

Even without a tune you should get him but get the car properly tuned. Had you been beating on the car before you raced? Maybe the ECU pulled timing due to high IAT2s.

zeusha

Established Member
You should be raping that SS if it's stock. Your car should be lighter and have more power.

I am on an unported Eaton and have personally beaten 2 SS Camaros. You should be ahead of him by 2-3 car lengths.

Did you race from a dig or roll? Sounds like you just need some seat time.

Even without a tune you should get him but get the car properly tuned. Had you been beating on the car before you raced? Maybe the ECU pulled timing due to high IAT2s.
Raced from a dig, 1st gear was useless hooked late in 2nd he was already nearly a car on me. Didnt launch it either left at like 2k if that

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He lost because he is running those mods with the factory tune. Not good! No need to speculate any further because he doesn't have a base dyno run to show what his present numbers are. I'm shocked that he even raced the car with those mods and a factory tune. :eek: But a proper tune should get him at least in the 470s with the ported blower and that 3.1 upper.

Zeusha, I highly recommend that before you get the tune that you buy at least a 2.90/2.93 upper pulley, unless you really want to stick with that 3.10. You might even consider a 2.76. And a 4-piece idler set (the stockers are junk and you'll need an auxiliary idler). If you go for the 2.76 you can get into the 500-510rwhp neighborhood easily, but you'll need fuel system mods. You might even need fuel system mods with a 2.90/2.93. But we're not talking big bucks and it will be SO worth it. Then you can buzz your buddy and get a re-match. I promise you he will be totally shocked at how badly you're going to then beat him. Unless you're a horrible driver. LOL!

Last edited:

zeusha

Established Member
He lost because he is running those mods with the factory tune. Not good! No need to speculate any further because he doesn't have a base dyno run to show what his present numbers are. He is likely somewhere in the 420-440rwhp neighborhood with his present setup. I doubt more than that. A proper tune will get him at least in the 470s with the ported blower.

Zeusha, I highly recommend that before you get the tune that you buy at least a 2.90/2.93 upper pulley, unless you really want to stick with that 3.10. You might even consider a 2.76. And a 4-piece idler set (the stockers are junk and you'll need an auxiliary idler). If you go for the 2.76 you can get into the 500-510rwhp neighborhood easily, but you'll need fuel system mods. You might even need fuel system mods with a 2.90/2.93. But we're not talking big bucks and it will be SO worth it. Then you can buzz your buddy and get a re-match. I promise you he will be totally shocked at how badly you're going to then beat him. Unless you're a horrible driver. LOL!
lol ... Thanks a ton Bob. The numbers sound good I would be happy all day with mid 400's. I was thinking the Idler set too, but I know the tune is HUGE. I have a few left over 255lph pumps from my LS1 Car. Its just good to hear this info I was mad as hell at my car for a few hours :fm: lol.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmmm and people wonder why they blow there engines...

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Everything you have done is worthless without a proper tune. And dangerous to your motor

SpectorV

Established Member
do not go into boost on the car until its fully tuned and the tune is validated on a dyno to be correct or you risk bad damage to the motor.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Swap to a smaller 2.76 pulley, get the 4 piece idlers and like everyone said, a TUNE is a MUST.

I can't believe you haven't grenaded that motor already. Pulley and port on stock programming is extremely dangerous. My car was running very lean with just a K&N Filter before I pullied it and got the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread