12 Camaro Vs. Ported Cobra?

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
So you mean a lot of air and no added fuel is bad?? Hmmm that's crazy talk... Well no one else did it yet. :burn:

SBVERT03

Established Member
Man I wouldn't be getting into boost and definitely not racing until I got a tune if that was my car! Get one ASAP! But once you do, that SS will be seeing your taillights! Did you're car come with a spoiler delete? Or did you take it off? Torch red is sweet!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Regardless of the tune you just need some seat time. Spinning's Not Winning!!

If you are running street tires you've got to learn how to feather the gas until you are up to a speed that you won't roast the tires. Then give it more gas as speeds increase. This takes lots of practice and patience. Surface temperature and type will effect tire grip as well. You have to keep these in mind when figuring out how much gas the tires can handle.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Your bud has probubly posted on a Camaro forum under the "road kill" section and told the story of wasting away a Cobra....

and I hope someone from California w/ a Camaro is reading it and runs into me this week:beer:

cobracide

Established Member
That thing has to be way lean with no tune, pulley and a port. Maybe you got lucky and it's still ok. Go 2.76. Check your engine out, start by reading the plugs.

Last edited:

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
Camaro SS = junk I have a stegy ported cobra and have walked multiple new camaro's with plenty of mods and I've beaten them by at least 2 cars and that one had cams full exhaust blah blah lol You should be beating him but driving your car with a ported blower and no tune is suicide , get a tune ASAP ! And a smaller pulley too lol

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Spend the money on a air/fuel ratio gauge. They aren't that expensive and it's great to have. I would also get rid of that 3.1 pulley and get something a little smaller. A BAP wouldn't hurt either and is easier than changing out than the fuel pumps. Good luck next time you run him, actually good luck to him...

Qwk GT

Established Member
I'd think it be the tune issue if the car really does have a factory tune. Didyou mod it or did you buy it like that. Just unusual for a car modded like that to not have a tune.

If thats the case then thats your problem.

If it has some kind of tune you have an issue. You should take that car easy.

cobrakon

Established Member
hopefully you're just a horrible driver but yea you definitely need to get it tuned.

zeusha

Established Member
Man I wouldn't be getting into boost and definitely not racing until I got a tune if that was my car! Get one ASAP! But once you do, that SS will be seeing your taillights! Did you're car come with a spoiler delete? Or did you take it off? Torch red is sweet!
Nah took the stock spoiler off, think it looks flush that way. And to everyone else just installed the blower brought it a week or so ago. This was my first WOT on it, buying Tune today put car in garage till I get it.

zeusha

Established Member
Regardless of the tune you just need some seat time. Spinning's Not Winning!!

If you are running street tires you've got to learn how to feather the gas until you are up to a speed that you won't roast the tires. Then give it more gas as speeds increase. This takes lots of practice and patience. Surface temperature and type will effect tire grip as well. You have to keep these in mind when figuring out how much gas the tires can handle.
Good call on it bro. Im still getting used to this car and now have to get used to the new power and mods as soon as its tuned.

zeusha

Established Member
Your bud has probubly posted on a Camaro forum under the "road kill" section and told the story of wasting away a Cobra....

and I hope someone from California w/ a Camaro is reading it and runs into me this week:beer:
:rockon: Burn em up ma man. Burn em all up lol

Riored95

Established Member
Zeusha go over and see Bob at Kennedy's in North Tonawanda. That's we're I had my 95 KB tuned and it seems to be good. I have heard good things about them and close to you.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
My Buddy just brought a 12 SS Camaro fully optioned with 1600 miles I just ran him on the street

Im still getting used to this car and now have to get used to the new power and mods as soon as its tuned.

:nonono: do what ya want, but be careful. I'd go for the track. Get those sticky tires, and a slip to prove the win. To much risk running on the street now adays

Last edited:

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
WTF, not only is ur car not tuned but u really need to loose the roush body kit ASAP!! 2.76 upper for the win!! Ur going to need atleast a BAP,MAF, and a tune. Are u on stock plugs? Bet 100 bucks u are!!

Users who are viewing this thread