12' GT500 vs. GSXR 1000

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Either a 2000-01. Carburetor model so no telling how good it runs. Good kill but most 05+ liter bikes will walk away. Don't but to much in 1/4 times because its all in the rider and fighting 1-3 avoiding wheel stands. Stretched out and slammed with a decent rider there low 9 second machines @ 150+

+1.

i'm HOPING to get the 96gt ready some day. gonna 1/4 mile against a R1 with a expert/hero rider. i fully expect to have to run low 9's or better. he makes over 180 to the wheels i believe.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
You dont need no 1000whp to hang with a 1000cc bike, that 's crazy. I used to have a 96 cobra with a vortech strim dynoed about 425 whp and i can hang with a buddy's 600cc ninja up to around 130mph from a 45mph roll. I know a fact that a 1000whp Supra already blow away an Suzuki Haybusa 1300cc with a turbo add on . ?

lolz.

my 2973lbs automatic, 96 4v turbo at 500rwhp could not even get close to a 600sport bike from a dig unless i took(actually stole) the hit. i had to roll away from the light....and when i heard him shift to two, i hit it lol. he was freaking frantic trying to get back to first gear. i was gone gone gone. only way.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Wish I could get beaten by a car and I don't even have a Turbo. I can't imagine a Turbo Visa losing to much of anything in the highway. Talking about a bike with 240 at the minimum at the wheels. 160+ in the 1/4. No the HP loss isn't the same on a bike as a car since a bike has no drive train. Chain on output shaft to rear wheel. Clutch pack locks in when disengaged. No convertor, rear end, drive shaft, or other mechanical devices robbing hp

72SBC

Established Member
lolz.

my 2973lbs automatic, 96 4v turbo at 500rwhp could not even get close to a 600sport bike from a dig unless i took(actually stole) the hit. i had to roll away from the light....and when i heard him shift to two, i hit it lol. he was freaking frantic trying to get back to first gear. i was gone gone gone. only way.

Cars have a better chance on a dig than a roll. I can easily beat 600's and 1000's because my 60 foot-1/8 mile is usually way better than most riders can handle on the street. I can easily beat 600's on my Harley till the 1/8 but after that they pick up a lot of mph and blow by. That being said we beat a 05 ZX-10 in a 670whp Z06, but barely, it was really close to 160mph. Like a fender close. I don't like doing the roll thing but, it seems when cars get into the high 600s and up they can have fun with some bikes.

ruZty

Established Member
425 rwhp and you can hang with a 600cc SS bike?

That is FALSE. You could MAYBE run with my Ninja 650

let me put this into perspective for you a 600cc SS bike runs in the high 10's...

HIGH FREAKING 10's

with a good rider. You can hang with your friend. Your friend cant hang with his own bike.

a 1000cc bike runs 9's

1000cc bike is faster through the quarter than just about ANY car in the world

I find it humorous you need to be explained to that quarter mile times mean NOTHING in a roll race...:bash::bash:

ruZty

Established Member
Cars have a better chance on a dig than a roll. .

This couldnt be further from the truth...Ive raced gsxr 600s at the track (1/8th mile) and they run high 6s @ 100+ when well raced. Take that same rider same bike and i murder them from a roll when it was a pretty even race at track...

72SBC

Established Member
This couldnt be further from the truth...Ive raced gsxr 600s at the track (1/8th mile) and they run high 6s @ 100+ when well raced. Take that same rider same bike and i murder them from a roll when it was a pretty even race at track...

Well maybe in your case, my car isn't for freeway top speeds so I can only comment on what I know, if you have a good set up, it's pretty easy to beat bikes on the street most of the time but, I can hang tire on any dusty farm road in America and high 6's are not really any threat to me lol. I just posted a vid of a low 10 second car beating a 1k on the street if you want to look it up.

72SBC

Established Member
Are you insane? Honestly.... :bash:

I'd like to think I don't have a slow car and neither does anyone I know that races, again we don't do the freeway thing, just posting my experience. :shrug::beer:

Here is a pic of my lil beater
picture.php

Last edited:

Adower

Established Member
You dont need no 1000whp to hang with a 1000cc bike, that 's crazy. I used to have a 96 cobra with a vortech strim dynoed about 425 whp and i can hang with a buddy's 600cc ninja up to around 130mph from a 45mph roll. I know a fact that a 1000whp Supra already blow away an Suzuki Haybusa 1300cc with a turbo add on . If a turbocharged 1300cc Haybusa got beat by a 1000whp Supra then how can a 1000cc gsx beat an 1000whp shelby ?

LOL, you have no clue. You're buddy is horrible at riding. Thats the truth.

samshady

Established Member
First of all good kill to the OP a win is a win. Second that is an 01 as stated by a few others it is FI not carburated it is also the first major redesign of the GSXR since the SRAD of the 90s when they cut the engine size from 1100 to 1000ccs. I have a hard time from quality of the picture but the swingarm may be stretched looks like add on plates not a new extended swingarm. The rider is wearing a Suzuki riding jacket from the fit I would say Joe Rocket textile. The bike doesn't appear to be lowered in my opinion. Never the less if the rider didn't know what kind of car that was at 110mph he was probably in 4th gear maybe 3rd. That bike was capable of 125ish in 2nd at redline. So if he didn't respect the car and was possibly 2 gears higher than he should have been sure the car could have beaten a liter bike at a roll. That being said my 05 GSXR 1000 rated at 160-165hp big deal 25 more hp? Remember we are talking about bikes that weigh less than 400lbs not 3000+ lb cars. 25 hp is a lot when you're looking at power to weight ratios like that. Now look at the new bikes, liter bikes are in the 180-190 hp range weight about the same hard to get much lighter. On the street a bike can let most cars get the jump off the line and ease into first, keep weight over the front wheel into second and you would need something all wheel drive with a lot of horespower to win light to light. City streets are not race prepped launch boxes so you are not getting 1.3-1.4 60 foots from your race car. That's just my 2 cents again nice kill you won.

Users who are viewing this thread