13-14 home made lower grill delete

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Ok first I would like to say that while I like the look of the roush lower grill delete but for me being who I am I refuse to pay $300 for something i can do better. Before anyone comes in here said says "its not just plastic in the roush delete" or "you gotta think for research and development" the second quote iv always thought was complete bullshit. I will say this if the roush kit was say $125-$150 I would consider it. If the roush guys were smart they would make a part that just slides in like the CDC upper. if you don't have the skills to do this id suggest getting the roush lower.

Anyways i took the stock lower grill and cut out all of the honey comb and spend not very much time getting it smooth. from there i got some cardboard and made a moch lower deflector/part to hide everything else and also the side "corner pieces". I then cut everything out on some thin stainless (its just thin enough to use those medical scissors but almost too think to cut). I made tabs on everything when I was cutting it all out and used the tabs to first mount the corners then i installed the deflector. I used phillips low profile screws to mount it all. the back of the deflector is bolted to the condenser (between the cooling rows). I then taped everything up and painted it all with bed liner (tuff shit will take plenty of bug hits). before i pained all of that i used engine enamel to paint the condenser. i used 3m all weather velcro to secure the factory chopped up grill to the bumper. i can always take it off if needed. so over all including the stock grill its 4 pieces and took me a few hours to do. take that shit roush. oh and yes il bet a paycheck that mine is just a strong.

IMG_1025_zpse966f02f.jpg

IMG_1029_zps7c4c5aa8.jpg

IMG_1027_zps5b0ad470.jpg

IMG_1033_zps41300f87.jpg

IMG_1034_zps0bb594ac.jpg

IMG_1035_zpsf0bd23e4.jpg

IMG_1036_zpsb3288d38.jpg

Last edited:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Hell yes, Looks awesome! :beer: I did almost the same thing, then wasn't happy with the look and trashed it before I "tried" to make it work lol

JpL4K3

Established Member
Glad you went forward with it. I am still undecided on mine, but based on what you explained above this is above my skill level lol.

BV600

Established Member
Looks good I've been thinking about doing something similar but haven't had the time.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Glad you went forward with it. I am still undecided on mine, but based on what you explained above this is above my skill level lol.

iv been around this stuff all my life so i tend to think outside the box. worse case you can buy a roush lower and be good.

kingnut

Established Member
looks badass. i refuse to pay what they want for the roush lower. something $125 bucks or lower i would definitely buy. what happened to the lower grill delete BBR was supposed to be making...

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
a company that has the ability to make these plastic parts should make a single piece delete. i thought about making one out of fiberglass but it takes too long and i wanted it done before my cdc grill gets here tomorrow. maybe one day in the future il make one and who knows maybe il make a mold and sell a few.

robbinthehood

Established Member
Wasn't Bbr or some other company working on one of these? $300 is ridiculous for something so basic

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

robbinthehood

Established Member
Didn't mean that as offensive if it came off that way. It looks great but something simple like that after a template is made should not cost as much as it does.

Car looks fantastic and I'm jealous of the way it looks

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Didn't mean that as offensive if it came off that way. It looks great but something simple like that after a template is made should not cost as much as it does.

Car looks fantastic and I'm jealous of the way it looks

Oh no no I didn't take it as offensive. Il have more pics no later than tomorrow. If the ups dude shows up when it's still light outside il get some up today.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
You should consider making a batch for some member. We send in the grille, Yiu do the magic and make some extra money. Just a thought

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
You should consider making a batch for some member. We send in the grille, Yiu do the magic and make some extra money. Just a thought

iv thought of that but then the issue of vendors vs me selling them on the site might not be a good idea. plus its not that easy to make with out having the car here. in the future if i do decide to make a fiberglass one or figure out how to make this with 1 piece of metal plus the original grill il think about making some extras.

added pics to the first post with the cdc grill.

Users who are viewing this thread