13.7 @ 101mph 1.9 60'

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
^^I was not saying powershifting was the answer. Jesus christ im tired of seeing the word "powershifting"!!! And why be annoyed? No one new that you built the car from scratch till now, its assumed that you payed some major coin to have a engine dropped in the car, and it wasnt performing correctly. I just didnt know how you could come off like I was bragging about my time and that I was shitting all over your car, and telling me my motor was going to blow just because I drive it like it should be driven. I only shift at like 6100-6400 anyway and never hit rev limiter or anything. It is very impressive that you got the car running though. Seriously though, congrats on the turn around!! Now that we know what is going on with the car it would be interesting to see it grow. Keep us posted

Shinigami

Established Member
Not to mean at all man, I fully respect the work you've done, but you should be able to kill me in the 1/4 and I ran 13.5@106 full weight in my Mach1 with out powershifting and only a 4.10 on street tires and chrome 18in rims.

I'm not saying its bad driving, or bad tune or bad build...but SOMETHING is off. If you decide to go to atco like I suggested met me know. I will try to meet you there and see if anything odd sticks out. I'm no tuning or mustang god, but its always good to have a 2nd set of eyes.

Honestly if we were to race I'd 100% expect you to beat me.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
No- it's been on the dyno, and the ET Calculator matched up, too.

I can't get better than 1.9 60' because of trying to launch with Eibach lowering springs with stock suspension and not being able to heat up the Nitto DR tires good- no line lock. I could get it lower- into the 12's easy, but it's a moot point because the set up now will not see the track again.

I wasn't trying to be a turd in my first post, just giving you a little comparison. My car is set up for road racing with H&R Racing springs. It sits about 1 1/2" lower and the spring rates are 750-850lbs front and 280-320lbs rear. My 13.2-3's were with 1.9 60's. These cars did 13.99 bone stock in the magazines back in the late 90's. I guess my point is that even with all of your suspension lowering mods, a cammed/modified Cobra should walk low 13's easy...unless you are on bald, hard street tires. But I believe you were on drag radials if I read correctly. Learn to heal-toe and you'll get the DR's smoking. Back into the water, spin real quick, pull forward, put in 2nd gear and heal-toe.

Sny714

Established Member
Congrats on doing all the work yourself. People are just wondering whats going on with your trap speed. Suspension isnt really the problem here bc 1.9 60' isnt that bad, and lowering springs dont always hurt launching, they may not help it but they dont always kill it. You dont need line lock to do a good burnout. With the 4.10s and solid rear you should have no problem smoking them up. Also, this has nothing to do with you not powershifting your car, I dont powershift, I dont feel the need to.

If you ran a 13.7@111 people would just say you spun off the line really bad, but the 101mph is the concern people have.

Last edited:

misterb

Established Member
If you ran a 13.7@111 people would just say you spun off the line really bad, but the 101mph is the concern people have.

I've also trapped @ 103mph, but I was trying the Autolite 764's instead of the NGK TR-55's- which the car seems to like.

red9450

Established Member
The point that everyone is trying to make is that these cars with basic bolt-ons are trapping far north of 103mph. No one here is trying to rag on you man. get the chip off you're shoulder man. Its only constructive criticism.

red9450

Established Member
The point that everyone is trying to make is that these cars with basic bolt-ons are trapping far north of 103mph. No one here is trying to rag on you man. get the chip off you're shoulder man. Its only constructive criticism.:beer:

red9450

Established Member
The point that everyone is trying to make is that these cars with basic bolt-ons are trapping far north of 103mph. No one here is trying to rag on you man. get the chip off you're shoulder man. Its only constructive criticism.:beer:

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
Dont worry about it man, I once hit a 14.1 with 503 rwhp! LOL. So don't worry about it if you are, if you aren't then awesome. Badass stroker though, I sometimes wish I went stroked as well as bored.

misterb

Established Member
Dont worry about it man, I once hit a 14.1 with 503 rwhp! LOL. So don't worry about it if you are, if you aren't then awesome. Badass stroker though, I sometimes wish I went stroked as well as bored.

I'm not worried about it- I know that the car runs good, it's still in the shakedown stage. I'm going auto with a wet nitrous kit and then a real tire.

I love the car now more than anything.. just some little issues to fix, and then watch out.

As far as a "chip on my shoulder" goes, it's just annoying to hear "well I went 13.x @ 10x with blah blah blah".. because no two situations are the same.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Misterb- I've seen your dyno sheet on misfits. Who degreed your cams? I think your injectors are too big. But as you said earlier you might spray it. I think I remember reading a post about you saying that. Plus a catted exhaust is another restriction regardless if they are high flow or not. But that depends on where you live too. So 317/316 on a mustang dyno with a catted exhaust, stock intake, and too big of injectors isn't that bad. I'd say with an optimum setup that stroker kit could get you in the 350rwhp range. Do you know what the timing was at idle and WOT? -Mark

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
With 4:10s and radials and stock exhaust I kicked off a 13.71 @101.4mph and my 60' were in the 2.0s still something don't seem right

6D9

Established Member
Good job on building the car and dont trip on the times. Like you said the combo is not optimized. Keep plugging away at it and you will get were you want to be.

misterb

Established Member
Good job on building the car and dont trip on the times. Like you said the combo is not optimized. Keep plugging away at it and you will get were you want to be.

It's gonna get there.. just found I had a bad BBK catalytic converter.

Luckily, I have a off-road pipe to replace it, and I will be installing a 150shot Dynotune setup with a built C4 tranny. Oil Filter/Cooler Delete, Battery Relocation, shiftlight, guages, etc.

misterb

Established Member
So 317/316 on a mustang dyno with a catted exhaust, stock intake, and too big of injectors isn't that bad. I'd say with an optimum setup that stroker kit could get you in the 350rwhp range. Do you know what the timing was at idle and WOT? -Mark

My timing at WOT is 28*, can't tell you idle off hand.

When properly scaled in SCT Pro-Racer software, the 42#'ers won't be a problem.

My biggest obstacle is the shitty stock intake, which the nitrous will compensate for, might even get a spare I have extrude-honed.

The runs I made were simply shakedown runs... 14.1, 13.9, 13.8, 13.7 were just for me to get a feel for the car.

BLK93GT

Established Member
320RWHP and 101 trap speeds don't add up. My 93 GT weighed 3500lbs with me in it and had no more than 230rwhp and ran 13.8@100 and trapped as high as 103 on a 13.9 pass with 2.x 60ft times.

Either it needs a tune or a new driver......IMHO...

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
i ran 13.7's with a cammed gt with 3.73's and dr's it put down 289rwhp full weight a/v system 12" sub vented box and 2 amps

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread