13' GT stock + paxton = done

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
Also dont forget that Paxton doesnt want you to start the car if its colder than what 25 out, as it could cause damage. If you are throwing this on your DD then thats something to think about as well.

more info, link?

If purchasing a "base-kit" or "tuner-kit" the only items missing that I would need would be ...

1) injectors of choosing - (#47's or 60's)
2) boost-a-pump or upgraded fuel pump
3) handheld tuner to access OEM PCM (for dyno tuner only - no SC crap base map included)
4) injector spacers - if the injectors required them only

Are the recommendations above that the "tuner-kit" comes with injectors and a boost-a-pump simply because thats how beefcakes kit comes?

Also you cannot simply drop in a walbro fuel pump kit and call it a day? or am I not understanding this vehicle correctly...

Makes my want the paxton, bad... 2011 mustang gt. supercharged. - YouTube

Last edited:

s1975oh

Established Member
I came from a 13 sti, suffered ring land failure, then again so did all of my friends, all subarus self implode, I always wonder why on earth i have owned 4 of them lol, if your chasing speed a subaru is not for you. these cars are pretty awesome blower or not mod for mod I would not even compare it to a wrx/sti, trust me you will be glad you did not, I know a few people that have just picked up 14's because "they have always wanted one" they all suffered ring land failures under 5k miles lmfao.

Onto the paxton topic, I would go with the beefcake special, we all chase speed, do your self a favor and give yourself room to grow, I myself have never understood BAPs over upgraded pumps themselves.

Cammed06

Established Member
With your goals, I'd go with twin screw or roots. I've had 1 whipple, 1 procharger, but mostly nitrous and still have a turbo car (All GM). I am not putting down any of them, but with your goals... PD blower gets my vote... And BAP is fine for your app as well.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Contact beefcake for a Paxton kit, hands down the best bang for your buck. Want more low end? Pulley down and gate it at 9.5 psi. You get almost the same TQ numbers as a pd blower but without the instant hit and your saving thousands of dollars you can invest in other parts to make the car faster. Dollar for dollar IMO you can't beat this deal. Well unless you compare it to a no2 setup with a hearty shot.. But that's a pain in the ass to always have a full bottle, have it heated for optimal pressure, ect..

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
more info, link?

If purchasing a "base-kit" or "tuner-kit" the only items missing that I would need would be ...

1) injectors of choosing - (#47's or 60's)
2) boost-a-pump or upgraded fuel pump
3) handheld tuner to access OEM PCM (for dyno tuner only - no SC crap base map included)
4) injector spacers - if the injectors required them only

Are the recommendations above that the "tuner-kit" comes with injectors and a boost-a-pump simply because thats how beefcakes kit comes?

Also you cannot simply drop in a walbro fuel pump kit and call it a day? or am I not understanding this vehicle correctly...

Makes my want the paxton, bad... 2011 mustang gt. supercharged. - YouTube

tuner kit, is just that, a tuner kit.

depending on the year and transmission, you have 3 options

tuner kit, kit only, "complete kit" 11 auto and 11-13 manual cars. Comes with a tune, 47lb injectors, and a handheld. These are for the guy with no performance mods, or maybe just a tune / cai, that wants to bolt on and go

typically makes 510-530 rwhp

or, one of our packages.

that's where we take a tuner kit, add you injector of choice, add a boost a pump, and a custom tune. Typically these will be in the 580-620 rwhp range depending on other mods / fuel / etc.

Contact beefcake for a Paxton kit, hands down the best bang for your buck. Want more low end? Pulley down and gate it at 9.5 psi. You get almost the same TQ numbers as a pd blower but without the instant hit and your saving thousands of dollars you can invest in other parts to make the car faster. Dollar for dollar IMO you can't beat this deal. Well unless you compare it to a no2 setup with a hearty shot.. But that's a pain in the ass to always have a full bottle, have it heated for optimal pressure, ect..

:)

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
Well guys, found the title to my M3 (I couldn't find it lol) so looks like I will be picking up a 2013-14 sooner than later. I'd like to finance one, but every dealer I call seem to be pushing the 2014's ... To be honest I'd like to find a 2013 with low miles to save a few K (tgis could be my supercharger right here) but I am having trouble locating one with just a track pack. Thanks for all the help everyone, beefcake, be in touch soon.

thegraystang

Established Member
Can beefcake verify the whole, dont start the car below 25? If thats the case then i guess im beat...currently below that and i work nights...so i always see the lows lol.

Nocturnal5.0

Captain Go-Fast
Established Member
Can beefcake verify the whole, dont start the car below 25? If thats the case then i guess im beat...currently below that and i work nights...so i always see the lows lol.

I'd be interested to know where this came from as well, I never heard about it, but *if* it were true, I'd imagine it would have something to do with the viscosity of the gear oil in the self contained head units...that is assuming this thing is true, though.

Back to the OP, I've had the Paxton on my car for over a year now, and I love it. It has surprised quite a few people on the street, even back when it was on pump gas. Now it's on E85 to the tune of 776 whp and 512 wtq.

If you're going to use a BAP, there are a few options, but I'd highly recommend the JMS Chips plug and play unit, I've been running it since the E85 conversion and it pretty awesome. No splicing of the stock harness, or any other wires, all you have to do is run a ground wire and get a vacuum source from the engine bay.

thegraystang

Established Member
The biggest thing i like about the paxton is beefcakes awesome price. I truly want a tvs, and now that i know about JDM...once the time comes and i have the money for it i might go that route. Blame the ricer in me, i must have the whining.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Well guys, found the title to my M3 (I couldn't find it lol) so looks like I will be picking up a 2013-14 sooner than later. I'd like to finance one, but every dealer I call seem to be pushing the 2014's ... To be honest I'd like to find a 2013 with low miles to save a few K (tgis could be my supercharger right here) but I am having trouble locating one with just a track pack. Thanks for all the help everyone, beefcake, be in touch soon.

Would you consider a 13 boss that's close by?

2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 in Laurel, MD- 10121036 at carmax.com

Riptide

Established Member
Since 600whp on the street is arguably past the point of useful anyway. I'm actually leaning towards the vortech being the best option over the paxton based on some of beefcake's comments.

BlackFive.0

Established Member
I'm bored at 632rwhp. With Mickey Thompsons it's useable in all gears.Onto the 25 degree thing. It's in the vortech users manual. Internal damage can be caused from a cold start. My thoughts...car can operate in temperatures just cannot be started in them ice cold. My car is garaged so usually a bit warmer in there and let it heat up you will be fine.

Riptide

Established Member
I'm bored at 632rwhp. With Mickey Thompsons it's useable in all gears
This is actually perfect IMO and exactly what I'm aiming for. Past that point it's going to be pretty difficult to get traction in all gears on the street. Have zero interest in spinning.

I won't ever be bored with 600whp. I'm not like some people who can't ever be happy.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

I'd be interested to know where this came from as well, I never heard about it, but *if* it were true, I'd imagine it would have something to do with the viscosity of the gear oil in the self contained head units...that is assuming this thing is true, though.

Back to the OP, I've had the Paxton on my car for over a year now, and I love it. It has surprised quite a few people on the street, even back when it was on pump gas. Now it's on E85 to the tune of 776 whp and 512 wtq.

If you're going to use a BAP, there are a few options, but I'd highly recommend the JMS Chips plug and play unit, I've been running it since the E85 conversion and it pretty awesome. No splicing of the stock harness, or any other wires, all you have to do is run a ground wire and get a vacuum source from the engine bay.

exactly, with the oil being that cold, it's going to be pretty thick. we drive the cars all the time, never had issues. but the car is typically ran for at least 10-15 minutes before driving when it's that cold out.

I'm bored at 632rwhp. With Mickey Thompsons it's useable in all gears.Onto the 25 degree thing. It's in the vortech users manual. Internal damage can be caused from a cold start. My thoughts...car can operate in temperatures just cannot be started in them ice cold. My car is garaged so usually a bit warmer in there and let it heat up you will be fine.

you have a couple options.

the least expensive is a fuel system, and e85, to get you some more, expecially with the torque booster. your already getting at the edge of the stock engine.

or

built engine / and fuel system, where you can really turn it up.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
Can't do the BOSS, as great as it is, if I am going to drop a supercharger on it I do not see a reason to spend an extra 10k to pick one up. Also I cannot do that color :whine:

I went to a dealer today, (3rd dealership) of which had no GT's on the lot???

Basically the numbers came to $30,929 after $3,500 in incentives, thats all they were willing to talk about at this point. I was working and had to leave anyway so at least I have some baseline numbers to go by. My uncle was a head tech at Ford for ~30 years before switching over to toyota, I just shot him a text and he gave me the name and phone # of someone he has known over the years who he says can hook me up.

I realize that the 2015's just dropped at the auto show, I wonder if there will be any future incentives from Ford coming out that I should wait for.

Anyway...

2014 order (6-8 week build)
Base GT
Track Package
Recaro seats

I am reading that dealers don't order base GT's with the configuration I have above because they will make more money always opting for the premium, track, recaro's vs just the track and recaro's since that would be more of a niche market.

Seems like with the cold weather you must let the oil warm up, not so much that you cannot start the car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread