13' TVS with 2.5" vs 2.4" pulley

austin101385

Established Member
I'm upgrading to a 13' TVS later this summer for my 12' GT500 and currently have a 2.5" pulley (smallest that would fit on the stock eaton). With a local dyno tune, I put down 572rwhp on a mustang dyno. I now have an o/r x-pipe as well. I was wondering if upgrading to a 2.4" with the TVS would be noticeable vs putting the 2.5" on the TVS. Also, I have the stock cai with frpp resonator delete and Airaid filter. I'm assuming I also need to upgrade to the JLT CAI?

mustang loco

Established Member
Between both pulleys,you'll have roughly 1lb boost difference...wich could result in *roughly here*,20hp at the crank..maybe a bit more

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
I'm upgrading to a 13' TVS later this summer for my 12' GT500 and currently have a 2.5" pulley (smallest that would fit on the stock eaton). With a local dyno tune, I put down 572rwhp on a mustang dyno. I now have an o/r x-pipe as well. I was wondering if upgrading to a 2.4" with the TVS would be noticeable vs putting the 2.5" on the TVS. Also, I have the stock cai with frpp resonator delete and Airaid filter. I'm assuming I also need to upgrade to the JLT CAI?

You got some really nice numbers.
and that was with the cats?

I'm doing my 2.5 pulley, 90iddler combo this week with a C&L intake I'm hoping for anything above 550 to the wheels.

enormous

Established Member
On top of the TVS and larger JLT you will likely need a fuel upgrade like a BAP if moving to the 2.4. As mentioned earlier you will see a 1 pound boost increase over the 2.5 and 8-12 HP at the wheel per pound increase.

KidMoney

Established Member
You don't need a BAP unless you're planning on pushing it to the limit. A 2.5 or 2.4 and stock lower won't require one.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Im doing a VMP TVS in a couple of months and from talking to Justin at VMP he said on stock fuel go with a 2.5 upper, im sure a 2.4 would be ok, but why risk going lean for 8 to 12 hp.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Im doing a VMP TVS in a couple of months and from talking to Justin at VMP he said on stock fuel go with a 2.5 upper, im sure a 2.4 would be ok, but why risk going lean for 8 to 12 hp.

What if you go with '13 STOCK GT500 injectors? Would that be enough?

Let's say you went with:
'13 TVS
65mm TB
JLT 127
10% or 15% lower

Would the '13 injectors be enough or would you still have to add a BAP or 80lb injectors?

enormous

Established Member
What if you go with '13 STOCK GT500 injectors? Would that be enough?

Let's say you went with:
'13 TVS
65mm TB
JLT 127
10% or 15% lower

Would the '13 injectors be enough or would you still have to add a BAP or 80lb injectors?

With the above setup a BAP and 13 injectors will be your best choice the way I see it.

Kewlv8

Established Member

I am running the below with a TVS, JLT, 2.5 Upper, Stock fuel, and CAT protection turned on. I am sure with O\R Xpipe tune I would see 650-660. I did not see the reason to spin the TVS much faster for just a few HP, it is counterproductive at some point (adds HP, adds heat). Enjoy your upgrade.

96cobracoupe

Established Member
I am getting ready to add a 10% lower and keep the stock pulley on my 13 TVS and add some 72's do you think I would still need a BAP?

Also what kind of numbers should I expect?

Crushinator

Established Member
If I remember right from when I did my TVS, the 2.5" pulley from your Eaton will not fit on the TVS.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Using the 2.375" pulley on my TVS, no cats, dual 65mm TB, 127mm intake, stock pump at stock voltage, and 72 lbs. Injectors.....

My car ran out of pump capacity at 6,000 rpm. You could watch the fuel pressure drop 8 psi during the last 500 rpm before letting off.

Last edited:

mustang loco

Established Member
I remember before making changes in the begining,2.6" TVS with 10% lower,C&L cai,dual65mm,stock pump/inj/..I was running max pump capacity at 5500rpm

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
I have a 2.4 on my VMP TVS with the FRPP res delete and Airraid filter. Also have the O/R-X pipe and when Justin did my tune, he said it was just fine.

You do have a 2012 so it has a built in BAP in a way. I don't think you will have any problems running that setup.

JimIII@jdm

Austin,

Sounds like you would really benefit from our 750 HP package that we offer. It includes the TVS blower kit with Mono Blade TB, bigger fuel injectors, and the JLT air kit! Everything you need packaged at a great price. We can even delete the tuner for you if you have one and send an Email tune file.

The thing about going with a 2.4 or 2.5 pulley is they are for one very small and there is limited belt surface contact leading you more prone to belt slippage. So you will most likely need an auxilary idler if you don't already have one. The TVS kit comes with a shorter belt for the stock 2.67" pulley that comes on it. This usually gets us around 660 RWHP. If you want more than that the 2.4 pulley would probably get you an additional 20 or so HP. If you went with an ATI or IW OD balancer pulley on the other hand you would gain about the same in Boost and HP but even more torque! Also you dont have to worry about an idler or belt slippage. The Stock GT500 Belt is what you would use instead of the shorter one supplied in the 13 TVS kit due to the extra length from the OD pulley.

A Boost a pump shouldnt be needed for any of these combinations as long as you have a large enough fuel injector. We use the 72# injectors and 80# Ford Racing injectors (included in our kit) which combine with the stock fuel pumps will support nearly 800 RWHP! We have many cars out there making this kind of power with out any issues with fuel delivery. If you know how to manipulate the fuel pumps in the tuning you will not require the BAP.

Users who are viewing this thread