14 PSI Vortech JT Dyno Results

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Was out at Car Craft Summer Nationals all of Friday and yesterday and finally got the chance to dyno the car after the blower install.

I have to say I was pretty surprised. I was thinking maybe 650ish.
Ended up at 714whp/514wtq. That is just with a 3.47" pulley. The dyno seem pretty in line for numbers, I watched a few stock 5.0's and they were in the 360-370 range. The chart below was from Friday afternoon when it was pretty warm out. I made another pull earlier in the day yesterday but it wasn't much cooler, did 718/509.

The guy running the dyno was very impressed with it and liked it a lot. He made the comment a few times that whoever tuned it did a really good job.

The HP curve didn't show any sign of dropping off all the way to 7500. The thing just wanted to keep going!

I'm pretty much maxed out on the stock fuel pump and MAF sensor.
So.... until I put in a return fuel system this winter Iwill keep it as is.

20140720_013558439_iOS_zps2a68fd1d.jpg

Black11gt

Established Member
wow theyre STD numbers too. safe ti say if they were corrected SAE numbers they would be even higher.

nice. who tuned it?

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Yes, built motor, 10:1 CR, MMR OPG, Boss valve springs
Pump gas
Boss Intake
Kooks 1-7/8 LTs
O/R X-pipe
ID1000 injectors
Vortech BAP

Lund did the tuning

I don't have SAE numbers. Didn't know there were 2 different types. What is the difference?

Black11gt

Established Member
in short:

SAE corrected numbers are made by standardizing the results as if it were in perfect conditions (figure 60 degrees and relatively low humidity) its an actual equation but I don't know what it is.

STD numbers are how much hp your car made, that day, in that air, at that exact moment.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yes, built motor, 10:1 CR, MMR OPG, Boss valve springs
Pump gas
Boss Intake
Kooks 1-7/8 LTs
O/R X-pipe
ID1000 injectors
Vortech BAP

Lund did the tuning

I don't have SAE numbers. Didn't know there were 2 different types. What is the difference?
More then likley sae would be lower then std numbers.

CPRsm

in short:

SAE corrected numbers are made by standardizing the results as if it were in perfect conditions (figure 60 degrees and relatively low humidity) its an actual equation but I don't know what it is.

STD numbers are how much hp your car made, that day, in that air, at that exact moment.
SAE correction is done at less then ideal conditions. STD will be higher since it's corrections are for better air quality. It's actually uncorrected that you're thinking about. Uncorrected is what the car ACTUALLY made right then and there

calgarybandit

Established Member
Good numbers! @16 PSI I made 754 RWHP\656TQ on MS 109 with a 9.5.1 Aluminator\stock intake and it's auto, I'm hitting 22 PSI now just have not hit a dyno for final numbers yet.

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
in short:

Uncorrected is what your car made that exact moment. Sae and std are both weather corrected, std will read a little bit higher then sae. Any time I've dynod my car or my old vortech 2v STD was worth 9-12rwhp more then Sae.

Op, great numbers man! That JT trim is nasty. Any videos?

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
After some reading, it looks like the difference between SAE and STD is 2.6% with STD reading higher.
So, that would put me right at 700 SAE corrected.

My goal is to see how far I can take it while still on pump gas.

calgarybandit - what size pulley are you at to hit 22 psi? And are you still on the stock MAF sensor? My tuner said mine is almost maxed out.?

Here is the 2nd pull he did. He hit the limiter at the end of this one. I only had it at 7600

[video=youtube_share;0qkthWgLeGQ]http://youtu.be/0qkthWgLeGQ[/video]

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Here's the 1st pull, well most of it...
[video=youtube_share;kCyWb1_n-cs]http://youtu.be/kCyWb1_n-cs[/video]

calgarybandit

Established Member
calgarybandit - what size pulley are you at to hit 22 psi? And are you still on the stock MAF sensor? My tuner said mine is almost maxed out.?

I have the 3.00 pulley with ATI balancer and I have the PRO MAF

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread