'15 Mustang Blows Its Rear End To Pieces!

SVTFastBack

Established Member
built-ford-tough.jpg

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I wonder how much durable the Torsens are on these. Even though I have the Torsen 3.73, I still haven't tried launching it hard.

They're not for drag racing but this certainly won't happen on the street (normally). The half shafts will go before the torsen does if you're on a tire at the track.

I'm really trying to think of what the hell could have happened here. It must have been some mechanical failure inside the differential. Unless he was really driving this car so wrong that he managed to prematurely break the diff.

oldmodman

Established Member
And by the next week......

The ad shows up on Craigslist. Ford 8.8 F/S. Took it out of car to go big. Worked great last time it was in car. Cash only.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Bet the pinion shaft retaining bolt snapped, shot it out of the carrier and all down hill from there. Ive broken plenty of ring/pinion sets and never seen the pinion shaft come out like that.

You've done what? That's a differential cross pin, NOT a pinion shaft. The pinion shaft is still in the housing. Are you sure you've done any axle work? That's not something you confuse easily.

his pinion shaft said "cash me outside"

See above.

MG0h3

Established Member
You've done what? That's a differential cross pin, NOT a pinion shaft. The pinion shaft is still in the housing. Are you sure you've done any axle work? That's not something you confuse easily.

See above.

Ya I've done plenty. Google a Ford repair manual. I didn't say shaft of the pinion.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

See above.

i have no idea. im just quoting what the pinion shaft said

Users who are viewing this thread