15346 99/01 Cobras built, how many still on the road?

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Still rockin mine. Its not a DD but I do drive it a good bit on the weekends.
There are very few around here.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I know one guy near me with one and I have seen another true blue around here but only twice in like a year. I see more gts and terminators for sure.

SilverNotch

Established Member
I drive mine everyday and the car was originally owned by an irresponsible owner who twisted a rod. The motor was replaced by the last owner with a motor from the same month it was built(teksid 01). I drive responsible and it drives amazingly.

brunocobratt

Established Member
mine ( 01 cobra/Ferminator )is only driven on weekends, it used to be my daily, but that was 5 years ago since then it stays in the garage most of the time

TwistedMetal01

Established Member
I just got my 2001 it has 128,000 miles. Is that a lot of miles for a 2001? It seems like its in decent enough shape. I'm trying not to drive it too much and take care of it I want it to last.

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
I am also from MA, my cobra has just under 80k now and although i am on my 2nd motor, the car itself hasnt given me many issues at all. Definately not too many around here though![/QUOTE

What part of MA are you from? I'm from Winchester, I have never seen a electric green Cobra around this area. I looked for a few months for a black 99/01 Cobra and only found one locally in Sudbury that was advertised on craigslist as being in great shape. When I got there I was truly disappointed. It had bird shit on it, salt covered headlights, rotten wheels, bald tires, missing a air vent, hard to get in gear, rust under the hood, ground in dirt on a charcoal interior, and the list goes on. The sick thing is it was kept in a garage. He kept saying "it was a New England car" as his excuse for the condition. Needless to say I ran out of there as fast as I could.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I kinda daily mine. I only live 4 miles from work so I ride a bicycle or my motorcycle alot. In the last 2 years I have put less than 3,000 miles on it. Sittin at 89k miles. I have had it since 2002 when she had 29kmiles on her IIRC. I did do an 03 rear bumper after mine got hit. If I could get the Sullivan to fit under a stock hood, I'd go back to that as well. I like that it isn't the supercharged one. People don't know what hit them.

trxcobra

Established Member
I am also from MA, my cobra has just under 80k now and although i am on my 2nd motor, the car itself hasnt given me many issues at all. Definately not too many around here though![/QUOTE

What part of MA are you from? I'm from Winchester, I have never seen a electric green Cobra around this area. I looked for a few months for a black 99/01 Cobra and only found one locally in Sudbury that was advertised on craigslist as being in great shape. When I got there I was truly disappointed. It had bird shit on it, salt covered headlights, rotten wheels, bald tires, missing a air vent, hard to get in gear, rust under the hood, ground in dirt on a charcoal interior, and the list goes on. The sick thing is it was kept in a garage. He kept saying "it was a New England car" as his excuse for the condition. Needless to say I ran out of there as fast as I could.

I'm from methuen, not sure if you are familiar with that area but it's about 25 minutes north of Boston. Definately a rare occasion to see nice new edge's around here. I've only seen one other EG in person around here, the guy is actually a member on here I think he's from NH though if I'm not mistaken and there is one black 99 vert I see here and there. I was lucky to stumble across my car for sale from a local cop in tyngsboro, car was 100% stock and really well taken care of :)

01yellercobra

Established Member
Picked mine up in October 2005 with 51k. Now it has 102k. The only time it wasn't driven daily was when I was on work ups or deployed. A lot of people are surprised how many miles are on it. There's a black 01 around me, but that's about it. I see more 03/04's than 99/01's.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

2013 Laguna Seca

Laguna 2013
Established Member
I have 01 Cobra with 59k on it,was driving everyday,but now just when
its nice.Keep in the garage.Trying to keep the paint looking as nice as
possible since its laser red.

Entered a car show last September ad a Dailey driver,I did get 1st place in
the SVT 94-04 catagory.mine was the only 99-01 Cobra entered and it
was not a small show.Plenty of Termis and Gt's though.

DRAGUL

Established Member
Bought my 01 with 73,000 miles in jan of 2010. Now has 80,000 miles. I just drive it on the weekends when they are nice days, and it is stored for the winter months. It is nice driving something that is kind of rare to see. My guess is a 1/4 if not more of the 99/01's are already gone.

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Got my 01 at 18yrs old in 2003 with 13k on the clock. Its at 36k now. Love it and never getting rid of it. 99/01's are great building blocks.

01CobraRJ21

Established Member
Whenever I go to car shows and car meets everyone looks at my car more then they do any other mustang because most of them have never seen a 01 cobra. I get nothing but compliments everywhere I go and turn alot of heads. I bought my 01 last May with 57000 miles and it now has 64000 miles... I have only seen 1 other 99/01 cobra

01yellercobra

Established Member
All this talk about shows reminded me. Last year my buddy with an 03 and I went to a hot rod show. Mostly old stuff. We were parked next to each other. We watched people look at my car, then look at his, then go back to mine. I think the blower on the front of the motor confused them.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread