15346 99/01 Cobras built, how many still on the road?

marcoc

Established Member
Wow, parents have money?? Wish I had the money to have a 2001 and 2003 Cobra at the age of 17....

I agree. My kid won't be driving a Cobra at 17, not enough brains to make good, responsible choices :dw:. I am 32 and I consider myself lucky to have a 99 Cobra that only comes out on nice weekend days and balance the ownership costs of modding it with a mortgage, wife, baby, and a busy job. But I have 76k miles on mine and I have spent money to complete repairs to refurb parts on the car, light modifications, and just enjoy every time I drive it even though its the bastard child of the Cobras.

b_turbo454

Established Member
Picked up my 99 last april in baltimore as im not going to pay a premium for an 03/04,(i owned an 03 new and unfortunately can put a -1 next to that car as it was totalled in 06), i have only seen one red 99 convertible cruising around here and definately have not seen another electric green one in this area

Drak

go baby go
Established Member
Still have my '99 - only 23K miles.
I've seen a handful of 99/01 Cobras, but that might be because I'm in Michigan.

kenv

Established Member
Mine`s a `99 Vert with 80,500 miles on the clock. Come to think of it, I don`t see many other `99-`01 models around here. I do see many Terminators though.

uedlose

Established Member
bought mine used a few years back from a guy on the corral. it had lots done to it but needs lots more. Needs both bumper covers and some minor body work then painted. Just picked up a Front cover the other day from the local For dealer. now just to get the rear and I will start in on the body and paint work. It has like 116k on it and has a new forged short block and a pro motion trans. along with the 31 spline 03/04 cobra rear and a lot of other small things. For what I payed for it, it was a deal that was the main reason I picked it up.

Martin6107

Established Member
Amen brother

I agree. My kid won't be driving a Cobra at 17, not enough brains to make good, responsible choices :dw:. I am 32 and I consider myself lucky to have a 99 Cobra that only comes out on nice weekend days and balance the ownership costs of modding it with a mortgage, wife, baby, and a busy job. But I have 76k miles on mine and I have spent money to complete repairs to refurb parts on the car, light modifications, and just enjoy every time I drive it even though its the bastard child of the Cobras.

Haven't been 32 for a while ... the rest is dead on

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I never see any around here. However, I do believe 90% of the new 5.0's ever produced are down here.

urdustd

Established Member
01Cobra

I picked up my black '01 coupe on my birthday a few years ago. Craigslist find with 90K miles and blown head gaskets. A couple weeks in the garage, an SLP catback and it was back on the road. Still has a tick in the lower end, but I've put 22K miles on it way it is. A new Ford short block is waiting in the garage when I get around to it. Maybe when my 18 yr old son goes to college it will sit long enough for me to go through the engine. He's been driving it daily (back 'n forth to school) for almost a year. For those who think a kid isn't responsible I guess I can't complain. He's been in a LOT LESS trouble than I was at his age!
How can you determine what number car you have? I see lots of reference to that, but no idea...:shrug:
36da1019-c9c6-4a6c-b6cb-ad547b62a699_zps0f30fd63.jpg

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I picked up my black '01 coupe on my birthday a few years ago. Craigslist find with 90K miles and blown head gaskets. A couple weeks in the garage, an SLP catback and it was back on the road. Still has a tick in the lower end, but I've put 22K miles on it way it is. A new Ford short block is waiting in the garage when I get around to it. Maybe when my 18 yr old son goes to college it will sit long enough for me to go through the engine. He's been driving it daily (back 'n forth to school) for almost a year. For those who think a kid isn't responsible I guess I can't complain. He's been in a LOT LESS trouble than I was at his age!
How can you determine what number car you have? I see lots of reference to that, but no idea...:shrug:
36da1019-c9c6-4a6c-b6cb-ad547b62a699_zps0f30fd63.jpg

Glad to hear your kid can take care of a nice car! Looking back, at 18 I probably would have gotten myself in trouble with a fast car and I definitely would have at 16 or 17.

As far as finding your build number, have your VIN handy and call Ford and they will tell you the build number and you can buy a certificate from them for $40 or so.

Contact Us | Ford Motor Company Customer Service | Ford.com

Ford and Mercury United States
1-800-392-3673
1-800-232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired)
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Saturday, 9:00 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time

backwoods

Established Member
99 black on black spun rod at 10600 rebuilding currently we have 3 here in my area 9white 01 and redfire or candy red 01)

urdustd

Established Member
Glad to hear your kid can take care of a nice car! Looking back, at 18 I probably would have gotten myself in trouble with a fast car and I definitely would have at 16 or 17.

As far as finding your build number, have your VIN handy and call Ford and they will tell you the build number and you can buy a certificate from them for $40 or so.

Contact Us | Ford Motor Company Customer Service | Ford.com

Ford and Mercury United States
1-800-392-3673
1-800-232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired)
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Saturday, 9:00 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time

Thanks for the info...:beer:

BTW - nice car, looks awfully familiar!

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Thanks for the info...:beer:

BTW - nice car, looks awfully familiar!

No problem. Thanks, pretty similar to yours. I do have the 01 polished wheels. It looks a little different now on the outside, just gotta lower it a bit and I'll be happy with the appearance

1999Cobra_zps2c72368a.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread