15346 99/01 Cobras built, how many still on the road?

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm from methuen, not sure if you are familiar with that area but it's about 25 minutes north of Boston. Definately a rare occasion to see nice new edge's around here. I've only seen one other EG in person around here, the guy is actually a member on here I think he's from NH though if I'm not mistaken and there is one black 99 vert I see here and there. I was lucky to stumble across my car for sale from a local cop in tyngsboro, car was 100% stock and really well taken care of :)

I'm familiar with Methuen, I had a bad experience with the Pizza Hut there, we got up and left before we got waited on. I will keep an eye out for a electric green Cobra next time I'm there. I can go through there whenever I go to Salem, NH.

Gravik

Established Member
How do you guys protect against rock scratches/paint chips and stuff?

Also where I live, I've only ever seen ONE Cobra. So when I get one, I bet I'll be the only one in my area :D

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
How do you guys protect against rock scratches/paint chips and stuff?

Also where I live, I've only ever seen ONE Cobra. So when I get one, I bet I'll be the only one in my area :D

They make a clear film that can be applied to bumpers. My bumper has a few tiny gravel chips on it. Wax may help a little because it turns into a clear hard shell after being applied.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I daily my black '99 - 196,000 miles :banana: so if you come to the Southern Tier, you're sure to see mine. I have only seen one other around here..... it's an '01

where at in the southern tier?

i live just south of corning in Wellsboro PA

got my 01 in 02 with 2k on the clock, she now has 46k and i drove from maine to Fl when my wife and i moved to tampa, put 20k on her in FL, then trailered her to NY when the wife and i moved and finally i drove it to my current place in PA

she see the dragstrip (well she used too anyhow lol) and i drive it to work every now and then.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I didn't really intend for this to be a status update on condition/mileage of everyone's cars, but I like it. Keep the updates coming if you haven't already posted!

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I didn't really intend for this to be a status update on condition/mileage of everyone's cars, but I like it. Keep the updates coming if you haven't already posted!

Ok OK Fine :beer: The only ones that I know of around here in the 99/01 Cobra years are myself, a buddy of mine has a 99 White Vert and some kid driving around here with a black 99 Vert. Outside that......nothing :(

trxcobra

Established Member
I'm familiar with Methuen, I had a bad experience with the Pizza Hut there, we got up and left before we got waited on. I will keep an eye out for a electric green Cobra next time I'm there. I can go through there whenever I go to Salem, NH.

Haha thats funny, I've always stayed away from that pizza hut and now i'm glad i did! Definately keep an eye out! I am always around the Salem/Methuen border so I will keep an eye out as well:beer:

thebestdj07

Established Member
got my 99 in may of 2011 had 112. on it. has 115 on it now. sits the garage untill all the salts gone and its semi warm.

apt1848

Established Member
Drive my 01 daily now. Just hit 68k miles. Plan on buying a truck and letting the cobra get some rest. I love driving it. I had a 99 trans am and this is byfar a more enjoyable vehicle to drive(BTW the trans am was a firehawk too)

zPipes

Established Member
great question, dd here also. 55k on first motor, 72k currently on the new motor. 127 total for the stock 3650.

michaeljocow

Established Member
I DD my 99 cobra sitting at 85,XXX right now. Honestly I do not see any new edge cobras driving around here. I know there has to be 2-3 at least here in town but I never see them on the streets.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i don't see any in my neck of the woods in PA

i do see a Red 97 and a chrome yellow 98 Cobra from time to time however

99blackGT

Theres 2 I know driving around in Switzerland.
A 99 black coupe and a used to be black and now somewhat like candy apple
red 01 convertible

OldSVTGuy

Established Member
You don't see many here in the mountains of WV but I have one. About 65,000 on the ticker. Such a mild winter here that I drove it in January and February!!! Love the car but if I had the $$$ I'd get an older GT5000. My son bought a new '11 GT500 and it is one sweet ride!! Cannot start from a dead stop without boiling the hides.

shelbycobra

Established Member
99 cobra

i have a 99 cobra convertible,had the engine rebuilt balanced and blueprinted with forged internals,has about 7,000 miles on it.but sad to say i bought a 2010 gt500 and i have to sell my 99 dont have the room.the body has almost 103,000 but this car i love

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Im original owner of my 01 Cobra Vert. Its been a DD most of its life and now been down for a little over a year doing a forged built eaton swap with T56 swap and some suspension. Cant wait to hear it start up next week if I can find the last part Im missing and cant find

69K miles and never an accident. One very small ding in the pass rear fender that someone opened their door into I think :(

Joe99Cobra

Established Member
i daily drove my cobra till my throwout bearing went out. but other than that i never experienced any problems with my cobra. im the second owner and it has 103,000 miles.

e010740

Established Member
Purchased my 01 vert last November as a project. 124k. Car was a basket case. Although the engine is strong running.

Since then I have redone the IRS with the FTBR kit, and put in some 3.73 gears. new shocks, tires and a whole lot of other interior parts. Tomorrow it goes in for a new top. Engine, and trans next. Keep dumping money into it. Can't stop. Love the car.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Bump after almost 2 years, breaking information!!!

A guy on Chicagoland Mustang forums has a work program where he can determine how many of each type of car is still on the road. According to his program, as of June 2013 there the following number of Cobras in operation.

99 cobra: 5,926
01 cobra: 5,496

Those numbers are a bit higher than I anticipated, I'm glad that owners taking care of their Cobras.

Production numbers for those who don't know

99 Cobra: 8,095
01 Cobra: 7,251

Users who are viewing this thread