155mph + roush chin splitter = carnage

toomnymods

Established Member
Well today I wanted to let my stang open her legs a little for the first time since installing my roush chin splitter and headers and well let the pics tell the story.. Really ****ing sucks.. not only is the roush chin splitter ruined, my front bumper attaching points where ripped apart, all the stock black trim pieces in the fenderwells and under the engine are ruined.. Be aware this is only a appearance mod IMO not a functional one..

2ECAE00B-02E9-439E-A483-B37370FC9EB7_zpspa9v5ir1.gif

B6878E20-51BC-424B-AE58-390E114C2835_zpspdwwwvvp.gif

2EB66D18-6112-4262-8E42-E57185CC7408_zpsxmti3aod.gif

E6190D15-DBD3-4282-895A-7A8C166015C7_zps90d86oiv.gif

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
No, I was just being a smart ass. I would be super pissed. That's a lot of damage when you consider the bumper and fenders. Are you going back to stock or are you going to try and put it back on?

toomnymods

Established Member
Im going to call roush tommrow and raise hell and see if i can hold them liable for all the damages.. If they dont wanna help me fix it guess i'll just keep warning people about thier shitty way of installing a high wind force item on your bumper. Probably will end up with the laguna seca one or the boss one if this roush thing don't pan out.

Ohh and i was super pissed.. Everyone probably within 2-3 city blocks heard me screaming i bet.. I wish i wouldve had something to destoy atm, lol

Last edited:

toomnymods

Established Member
My boss splitter stayed on, it's still on pretty solid haha. Sucks man, I would be pretty disappointed.

Does the boss splitter connect to the factory splitter and do all that jerry rigging to make it fit our bumpers like the roush?? How does it connect? With those little silver clips and screws?

99arboC

Established Member
After seeing your other post adding it I starting to look into buying one and now I'm not. Sorry about the damage

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
Im going to call roush tommrow and raise hell and see if i can hold them liable for all the damages.. If they dont wanna help me fix it guess i'll just keep warning people about thier shitty way of installing a high wind force item on your bumper. Probably will end up with the laguna seca one or the boss one if this roush thing don't pan out.

Ohh and i was super pissed.. Everyone orobably within 2-3 city blocks heard me screaming i bet.. I wish i wouldve had something to destoy atm, lol

Good luck with that....I hope they do you better than they did me and our local dealer here.... 6 days after my local dealer install my Roush Supercharger, I had an inner cooler pump go bad....took them 2 weeks to ship them my new one and this was after many conversations between them and me and the dealer....

the first week was spent trying to get someone on the phone or someone to call back.....

Once we got in touch with someone, they kept saying they have never seen an inner cooler pump go bad, and didn't want to send a new one...they wanted the tech to keep trying the same stuff over and over....

Eventually (I think just to shut us up), they sent a new pump....(Knock Wood) no issues since....

I think getting them on the phone is the luck of the dial.... :lol1::lol1::lol1:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have seen and ridden in several Roush Mustang at VIR. Not sure if we hit 155 but I know we got close. None of the cars, in several years, that I have seen had any problems. No point in calling Roush. They are going to point to installer error.

Tyler72

Established Member
Seriously dude? The OP never said where he was, so why do you assume he wasnt on a track? I assume nothing, but it doesn't matter. That shouldn't happen if it was installed correctly. Unfortunately I doubt roush will help you whether you installed it right or not.

stangn

Established Member
Mine has been fine. There's like 30 bolts that hold it on. I've had my car over 160 on public roads for all you officers out there! Early on Sundays I75 is wide open around here.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Whether he was breaking the law has nothing to do with this. As has been said, what if this was at a track day? Sounds like Roush built and sold a shitty, untested product - which doesn't surprise me.

86Fbody

Established Member
I hope they tell you to eat it. You bought a fake splitter that was basically made for looks. Then you triple the speed limit for whatever reason, and your fake splitter rips off the car making more damage to the stock bumper....and you are trying to hold Roush liable???????????? WAT? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Hillbilly engineering at its best. Goodluck.

I'm not understand how the front diffuser, in any sense, is fake. Care to explain?

Jabooh1

Established Member
Well I will now check my LS splitter more regurally. I don't hit 155 but can do 135 at Texas World Speedway.

Thanks OP!!!

Users who are viewing this thread