155mph + roush chin splitter = carnage

mitchster

Established Member
I do believe that they state in the instructions a speed limitation. Also the warranty state that racing is not covered. it is for show mostly than any practical purpose.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Well I will now check my LS splitter more regurally. I don't hit 155 but can do 135 at Texas World Speedway.

Thanks OP!!!

Your splitter is purpose built and properly supported as thats the way it was designed. So I'm sure you wont have any silly problems like this with yours.

:coolman:

87hatchy

Established Member
Mine has been fine. There's like 30 bolts that hold it on. I've had my car over 160 on public roads for all you officers out there! Early on Sundays I75 is wide open around here.

160! holy crap! Not only would that be scary itself, but I would be terrified of a cop on the side of the road clocking my speed. You go double the speed limit and you lose your license. Triple the speed limit? You'll probably never drive again in your life! lol!

blackcoyote13

Established Member
If you read the install instructions and all the chopping required for the Roush, I am not surprised that it does not hold up to high speeds like that. Sucks though OP

CSG

Established Member
160! holy crap! Not only would that be scary itself, but I would be terrified of a cop on the side of the road clocking my speed. You go double the speed limit and you lose your license. Triple the speed limit? You'll probably never drive again in your life! lol!

They get a bit bitchy at triple the limit... trust me...

Rct851

Established Member
It had been a little windy lately...160+ a 25mph headwind gust...
Noway to know that happened but if it did then I wouldn't be mad at a $200 splitter not being able to take 185+

Vert

Established Member
The damage sucks, but it seems it was working, maybe too good and too much downforce.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I have taken my car a couple of times to 150mph and the splitter has been fine. I should have jumped on that Boss splitter for sale a month back!

PC03GT

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. My splitter's is in the basement ready to be installed. Hope that shit doesn't fly off!

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Damn kinda wish I saw this thread before I bought my roush bumper.. I was just saddling up to buy this splitter, now this got me worried a bit. Is this the first time anyone every heard of this happen

hdmlnium1

Established Member
OP sorry to read and see this.. makes me nervous as I am buying the stillen splitter off a member on here.. at least I guess he added two rods similar to the Laguna Seca splitter..
Bill..

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
yikes, im glad i didnt go with the roush splitter.... (not that i think ill ever hit that speed)

Got a OEM 2013 gt500 bumper/splitter, so hopefully should hold up... i mean its supposed to go 200MPH so i hope its good haha.

Allnighter

Established Member
I know this is a old thread but the same happen to me around 145mph. First time I have ever pushed it up there. Just like him I did a lot of bolt ons and just wanted to test it out alittle.

It felt so strong I stayed in it and sure enough as soon as I hit 145 the splitter broke loose. I am 100% sure it was installed right. Yeah I KNOW 145 but still sucks!!!

What good is it if it can not handle high speeds. Smh....

97snakebite

Established Member
I know this is a old thread but the same happen to me around 145mph. First time I have ever pushed it up there. Just like him I did a lot of bolt ons and just wanted to test it out alittle.

It felt so strong I stayed in it and sure enough as soon as I hit 145 the splitter broke loose. I am 100% sure it was installed right. Yeah I KNOW 145 but still sucks!!!

Pictures???

jn2

Established Member

Post pics.

I have the Roush splitter and ordered some splitter rods to help keep this from happening to mine.

Lemonth

Established Member
Damn, this has me afraid of mine breaking off at speed aswell. I scrape the splitter fairly often too and feel as though the bolts may loosen; is there any way to put turn buckles on these for some support?

noldevin

Established Member
These roush splitters are fairly known to do this. I've heard of people rigging up a rigid board of some kind underneath to help support it. You could possibly fasten it with some turnbuckles but it might look a bit funny.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I've never installed a splitter that I didn't have it bolted to a solid structure, using extension of some sort. Just bolting one of these to the bumper is asking for problems. One would be surprised at the down force a good splitter can provide at speed.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread