16 GT350...Cobra...whatever testing at The Ring

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Those two cars sound drastically different, interesting. In the second vid, the 2nd car has a very faint whistle/whine as it passes the camera in the carousel. Also, the first car on the track in the 2nd video either has a very good driver or some sort of dual clutch trans.

Rotzs99

Established Member
Also, the first car on the track in the 2nd video either has a very good driver or some sort of dual clutch trans.
Dual clutch trans, carbon ceramic brakes, N/A 500hp? I know I'm falling into the hype but ZOMGGG that would be one sweet mustang.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
I am loving the sound of the car.

[video=youtube;JtGHjfQRaFU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtGHjfQRaFU[/video]

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Dual clutch trans, carbon ceramic brakes, N/A 500hp? I know I'm falling into the hype but ZOMGGG that would be one sweet mustang.

If that were the case, but i'll still take a manual

shutupfry_zpsc576f7e3.jpg

jshen

Established Member
Absolutely nothing about that lower bumper says 'functional aero' to me.

You can hear that splitter hitting the pavement .....but I guess that's what they do.

Last edited:

TFStang

Established Member
Rice-a-roni front end, good grief.

"As we have reported since last summer, this new SVT Mustang is all motor—there's no supercharger.

It's derived from the 5.0-liter Coyote V8, with slightly higher displacement and a flat-plane crank. Expect a high-revving engine that pumps out 500+ hp. The massive HP battle has officially been ceded to Dodge and it's crazy 707-hp Hellcat V8. Ford proved its point already with the outgoing GT500 and is moving in a different direction entirely.

The Shelby GT350 is being positioned as a track star which, in the end, should be able to hold its own at the dragstrip as well. "

If Ford was smart, they wouldn't give up on horsepower as the horsepower wars are in full swing and absolutely heated with the new Hellcat. If Ford lays down now, the point it "proved" with the GT500 is that it could be beat. I for one hope they continue to innovate and bring more power to the table. I'll be waiting with me checkbook if they do.

specizripn

Established Member
All they have to do is stick a modified trinity in the car with a bigger supercharger and the Hellcat is fried. Maybe throw in a Tremec TR6070 or one of the Tremec dual clutch gearboxes and maybe some weight reduction so they don't create a pig. I think they should offer an auto for those who like to go to the strip so Ford can show that hellkitten what a GT500 can really do.

Users who are viewing this thread