17 zl1 auto vs hellcat auto both stock

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
2 bad ass machines!! wow. Would be hard for me to pick but i still kind of lean towards the HC.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
IMO the Hellcat took it. Pretty amazing considering having an older tech auto tranny and being a bit heavier. I believe the Charger Hellcat would’ve beat it by a bit more.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
As expected. Races will go to whomever takes the hit first. Extremely evently matched cars both in auto for and manual form.

Great job chevy, ZL1 is a Hellcat and GT350R all in one car.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
As expected. Races will go to whomever takes the hit first. Extremely evently matched cars both in auto for and manual form.

Great job chevy, ZL1 is a Hellcat and GT350R all in one car.

Yep... pretty much boiled down to who stole the hit...we needed you in that ZL1, it would have been 3-0.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Both bad ass machines for sure. HC styling is way better than the ZL1 IMO. Wonder how a 350 running equal boost would do in this race even as a manual?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Tough choice. If you want to attack a 1/4 time then the HC is the obvious choice.

if you want a better all around performer, gotta go zl1.

I think the HC would win the road trip, comfort category too.

Great time to be a car guy...

cam346

Established Member
zl1 6.2 1.7 hellcat 6.2 ( i think ) 2.4 and we all know it make over what it rate at. there nothing old tech about the hellcat. i like to see the zl1 with a larger whipple 2.9 . both are great cars.

Troponin

Established Member
That video shows why going with 3.09 gears in the HC is a must. The moment the car shifts, it has to work to get back up there. It's just too tall. At the top of the RPM band, it starts pulling in every gear, then stalls out after the shift again.

The new Camaro is no joke though. The Mustang folks are finally going to have some good competition here too

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Both cars are beasts for sure.
IF I had to pick just one, I'd pick the Hellcat Challenger. Still "trying" to like the interior of the new ZL1.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I watched it a couple of times and honestly, besides the first race, I didn't see the Hellcat get the hit first on the last two races. The Hellcat is still a tiny bit stronger, sorry. The ZL1 closed the gap, impressive and it can go around the 'Ring in under 7:30. Anyways, it's all moot, the Demon debuts in 5 days.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I watched it a couple of times and honestly, besides the first race, I didn't see the Hellcat get the hit first on the last two races. The Hellcat is still a tiny bit stronger, sorry.
Not too shabby for a "heavy car", eh??
I love it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pretty evenly matched. I personally would prefer the ZL1 (for better overall performance), but there's no denying that the HC Challenger is a beast. We all get excited about these two beasts, but it's going to be fever pitch excitement when the Demon is debuted. ;)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty evenly matched. I personally would prefer the ZL1 (for better overall performance), but there's no denying that the HC Challenger is a beast. We all get excited about these two beasts, but it's going to be fever pitch excitement when the Demon is debuted. ;)
Fun times indeed Bob!

Users who are viewing this thread