1750rwhp + 2000# of downforce =

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt347mustang

Established Member
Curious to know what the gtr and Gallardo's have run in the mile.

For some reason 1/2 mile is much more popular. Maybe it's because it's hard to find space for a full mile track with room for a safe shut down.

If a viper does under 240 1/2 mile and 280 in the mile, using speculation math (which I guess is common on this site) the a gtr or lambo that does 255+ in the 1/2 would be close to 300 at the mile mark.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For some reason 1/2 mile is much more popular. Maybe it's because it's hard to find space for a full mile track with room for a safe shut down.

If a viper does under 240 1/2 mile and 280 in the mile, using speculation math (which I guess is common on this site) the a gtr or lambo that does 255+ in the 1/2 would be close to 300 at the mile mark.

Speculation? lol You can't be serious right now.

What Lambo/GTR has done 300mph? lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

This is like comparing purpose built 1/8 mile cars and coming up with 1/4 times based on that.

That's not quite the same.

I would like to see it though, it would be interesting how they hold together and how the increased speeds effect their power. They would obviously need to be regeared as well.

gt347mustang

Established Member
Speculation? lol You can't be serious right now.

What Lambo/GTR has done 300mph? lol

Speculation: the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence

Exactly what you guys were doing when you claimed the viper on the first page would run without Aero.

Do you have a better name for it? Other than speculation math?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Speculation: the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence

Exactly what you guys were doing when you claimed the viper on the first page would run without Aero.

Do you have a better name for it? Other than speculation math?

Except I showed you a video of a Viper, without aero, that ran faster than the 220 I speculated about.

Please post a 300+mph Lambo/GTR.

Waiting.

Zemedici

Established Member
THIs thread is ****ing hilarious.

Yes, I’m speculating about 1/2 mile events.

You’re trying to tell me that the production numbers of a vehicle have no correlation with the amount of modified vehicles you see at events? Is that a serious statement? Check GTR production numbers / years, and cross them against vipers, and I bet you’d STILL have a lower ratio of vipers at events. The owners simply do not modify them like GTR owners do. Lamborghinis are just fast. Period.

Fun Fact : of the 3 vehicles were debating, my shop builds 1 of the 3. Meaning I have a DIRECT interest.

That being said, which of the 3 do you own? Or are you, perhaps....a fanboy?

Zemedici

Established Member
@zhisel

He said I’m speculating about 1/2 mile events.....he’s right I don’t know what I’m talking about.....

Hahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Kiohtee

Established Member
Dammit @Zemedici, stop talking out of your ass man!

Josh has probably been to more half mile events than you've binge watched on YouTube. Not to mention he's probably had a hand in some of the cars you touch yourself to.

And while we're at it, let us discuss your horribly flawed bench racing math. Cars do not continue to pull at top speeds the same way they did to 60 or even 160. If that's what you think, then please step away from cars and their forums.

Last edited:

SVTFastBack

Established Member
That's just idiotic... No helmet and the excuse of not seeing the hood bowing up and not aborting could easily be a life threatening and pointless reason for dying or being really injured. I don't care if people think he has big balls, that's just an illusion.. and unless that car is totally plated on the bottom all it takes is a little fart cloud of air to possibly make the hood situation become something of scaring the shit out of you into do something stupid or unexpected. I live near the salt flats and there's a 2300hp Viper 98 GTS that has multiple lock downs for the hood because its happened to him and he felt stupid for not thinking it over and reinforcing a way to keep that hood down which now has 2 main locking components and a fail-safe and a fail-safe for that fail-safe. Then again play stupid games.

Coiled03

Established Member
LOL

So many people here don't know the first damn thing about aero. Shit cracks me up.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
220 with 1750hp? You guys are crazy. 210 at BEST.

Did you miss the Viper I posted that didn't have ACR aero, had 1800hp and ran 230mph+?

That's just idiotic... No helmet and the excuse of not seeing the hood bowing up and not aborting could easily be a life threatening and pointless reason for dying or being really injured. I don't care if people think he has big balls, that's just an illusion.. and unless that car is totally plated on the bottom all it takes is a little fart cloud of air to possibly make the hood situation become something of scaring the shit out of you into do something stupid or unexpected. I live near the salt flats and there's a 2300hp Viper 98 GTS that has multiple lock downs for the hood because its happened to him and he felt stupid for not thinking it over and reinforcing a way to keep that hood down which now has 2 main locking components and a fail-safe and a fail-safe for that fail-safe. Then again play stupid games.

ACR's are fully plated off on the bottom.

1.8t

Established Member
Vipers make more than enough power to compete with the big dogs. Matter of fact, Vipers have been making huge power for many years(even on 93oct) and were the original monster power platform alongside the Supra. The issue is you can only put down so much power with 2 driven wheels. Even with today’s tire technology, any racing event with a street like surface will require AWD to run with the 1%. The next obstacle to overcome is the transmission. Going up against huge power DCT cars without an equivalent ultrafast shifting transmission will still land you in 2nd place at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread