>19 mpg hwy??

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I never cared in the city with my Cobra and its 4.56's.

On the highway I could sneak out 25-27 turning 3000 rpm.

4valvemach

Established Member
Like said above start with cleaning the MAF,new spark plugs and fuel filter and sea foam it.

IMO dont run it so low the fuel light comes on,I fill up when the needle is on E.

I get 290-300 miles per tank and my car has 110k miles on it now

Last edited:

RcodeStang

Established Member
I get 17-18 with mostly highway driving as well. Stock tune intake/exhaust and fresh plugs/fuel filter/etc. 3.55s still. Not sure what the deal is.

Shirley1978

to the dark side..
Established Member
Just cleaned out my air filter and did the Maf cleaning as well. Added some fuel injection cleaner also. I'll keep u guys posted on where that gets me.

If it doesn't improve I'm changing the fuel filter and checking the plugs. Once my taxes come in I'll get a custom tune either way just for safe measure
:pepper:

Shirley1978

to the dark side..
Established Member
Really? Strange, I'd imagine it would do a little better than mine. It looks like my mileage isn't improving much after the maf and air filter cleaning...:nonono:

Looks like I'm getting a tuner for tax season

Charles236

Established Member
I get about 19.5 mpg with my 5 speed with 4.10 gears. My driving is about evenly split between city and highway. Also, I have noticed that my mileage will drop about 1 mpg when the weather gets cold.

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
wow i dont know how to figure out how much i get on a gallon but on a full tank i get about a lil more than 350miles. and my car is modded with 4.10s.. :) but also i really dont mind cause is my weekend car...

Shirley1978

to the dark side..
Established Member
so i filled up 2 nights ago, 240 miles on the trip meter :nonono:

i need to check the plugs, but since the car drives and pulls hard im not sure ill find much there. what else could be pulling my mileage down so much? the car only has 83k miles on it.. i know i should be getting better mileage since i only have a catback and K&N.

i would like to do most of the work myself, but ive never changed a fuel filter before and im a little short on spare time.

what should i do? this is getting a little rediculous.. with this second fill up it seems like im getting even worse mileage.. im at 5/8ths of a tank and only have 80some odd miles on the tank.. :??:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
240 on a single tank isn't that bad. That's better than my Gt. My best is 23.2 (city/Hwy)
with my avg 17.0(city/hwy)

Shirley1978

to the dark side..
Established Member
13.35, and i know its not terrible... but i was driving conservetively and it bothers me even more that some get 300+ a tank.

i drive on the highway quite often, more than on the street and im still getting 17.5-18 mpg with basically no mods

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
13.35, and i know its not terrible... but i was driving conservetively and it bothers me even more that some get 300+ a tank.

i drive on the highway quite often, more than on the street and im still getting 17.5-18 mpg with basically no mods

I call :bs: on the 300 plus people are claiming lol.. I know i got 295 once, driving all highway from Dallas to SA but in the city i get 180-210 per tank. 2.8 pulley, intake, xpipe, catback. I dunno how everyone else gets more :??:

EDIT: whoops yall are talking about Mach's... no blower sure does make a difference haha

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I did an experiment with mine a while back. This was with 4.10 gears, O/R X with LM2's, CAI, and tune- 285's out back, 255's up front, E3 spark plugs, premium gas, K&N FIPK, Castrol Syntec oil and I kept it under 2k and drove as much highway as I could. I was getting 27mpg.... I'd say check your tune, plugs, oil etc.... it can all add up. Even with spirited driving I've never gotten worse than 250 to a tank.

Monster Mach

Established Member
my car is the same way... 18 hwy with tune... vmp tune.. runs like a bat out of hell.. but needs a new tune on a dyno.. i get better mpg on the stock tune.. with just intake magnaflow x and flowies...

Shirley1978

to the dark side..
Established Member
so i changed the plugs, they were fried. more on the drivers side. filled up and drove around. took a 140 mile trip on the hwy, + my regular commute, managed 275 miles, so around 21mpg. best ive ever gotten. better then when i drove strictly hwy on a full tank and only got 19.

still havent changed the fuel filter. but im happy with the improvement so far.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I see 22-24 mpg on the highway with my stock gears, Dr. Gas Off Road X-Pipe, Borla Stingers and a little ProCharger P1SC-2! :) That's if I don't do any blasts while on the Interstate!!!!! ;) Now if I could just find a way to get my SS to get 20 mpg on the Interstate I would be a happy man!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread