1964 Fairlane hits Nurburgring!

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
A 1964 Fairlane Hits Nurburgring! : DOGFIGHT magazine
x4lu1z.jpg

"This is RAD. Some schmuck got enough balls and cash together in order to get his Holman Moody prepared 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 to Germany. The final goal? Attack Nurburgring.

Now, typically when you watch in-car “Ring” videos you hear small displacement motors with lots of valves screaming in a high pitched tone while you watch the driver smoothly caress the car through the track. It’s a ballet of sorts.

This is something different. This is an American monster literally attacking the track while the driver does his best to contain the power within. It’s not a ballet, it’s a war."

Check it out:

[youtube_browser]UD48OX1wu14&feature=player_embedded[/youtube_browser]

flS/R

Established Member
check out that passing power the car has. Or maybe the other driver's balls all shrank a little once they heard that thing coming up from behind :shrug:

Granelli31

Established Member
Any links to the build or more info? Looked fast. There is something about an old car going better than new cars. Reminds me of the big red camaro

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Monster Cometh! War on that track is an understatement, and that Fairlane is taking NO prisoners! Man, that is one great driver. The sound of the engine is a freaking symphony! I love it as he motors by Cobras and Porsches with such ease in the straights. 60s big block power at it's finest!

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
What motor was in that thing? A V12? Damn it moves

Im guessing that car is making at least 500 wheel the way it was passing cars

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
What motor was in that thing? A V12? Damn it moves

Im guessing that car is making at least 500 wheel the way it was passing cars

Holman-Moody setup a couple Fairlanes for racing. They had a 427 Side-oiler, and a Jerico 4 speed. This is one of the two cars Holman-Moddy setup.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Mmm... Music to my ears. Maybe we should get 300 people from SVTP to pitch in $1 each to get that guy a GoPro?

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
I've been an a historic Trans Am event and these cars are LOUD. The microphone doesn't do it justice, but I can assure you that the hills of Germany sounded like rolling thunder!!!

sikryd

Established Member
damn i wish they had a better microphone

I'm pretty sure this car has open headers or at bare minimum single chamber race mufflers. you can hear the car going lean on decel and backfiring out the pipes. It would probably kill the best of microphones... guy has serious driving skills and big balls. Awesome vid OP!

Users who are viewing this thread