1964 Fairlane hits Nurburgring!

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I'm pretty sure this car has open headers or at bare minimum single chamber race mufflers. you can hear the car going lean on decel and backfiring out the pipes. It would probably kill the best of microphones... guy has serious driving skills and big balls. Awesome vid OP!

You're pretty much right. The car most likely has the vintage style Trans Am racing exhaust... consisting of full length headers into large side exit pipes. So, no mufflers at all. I doubt most microphones would be able to shield out that kind of noise/music.

oldmodman

Established Member
Was it just me or did he go flying around a 66 ish mustang around the 3:05 mark?

He sure did.

SCBQQSTN;11482916Im guessing that car is making at least 500 wheel the way it was passing cars[/QUOTE said:
Those engines, when they were used in the CanAm series in the 60's were putting down 900HP in race trim and up to 1100HP in qualifying trim.

And damn, did they sound like the 'Fist of God" when they started up. The exhaust pulses forced the air from your chest.

Raven519

Established Member
Gotta love old school muscle on the Ring. Can't wait to drive on that track, only 7 months 9 days til I'm there, lol.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I would not want to be going those speeds in that car. ha

Also, in this vid I saw certain sections of the track that I've never seen before. Either that or it's been way too long since I've played Forza.

Raven519

Established Member
I would not want to be going those speeds in that car. ha

Also, in this vid I saw certain sections of the track that I've never seen before. Either that or it's been way too long since I've played Forza.

They went onto part of the F1 circuit.

tt54l32v

Established Member
You all realize it was an actual race right. They didnt just go over there to see what it would do.
Vid description.
Team Classic Driver wins the 300-kilometer race on the famous "Nordschleife" in the GTP class.

Drivers Fred and Barney can be seen with their giant 427 Ford Fairlane.

Over 32,000 spectators witnessed the exciting ADAC Eifel race in 2009 under ideal weather conditions.
TEAM CLASSICDRIVER

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is another video showing this same car (I believe it's the same one) on a wet track. Speeds weren't quite as high, of course, but it was moving out none the less. That would take even MORE nerve and skill.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
How would you like to be in your high dollar sports car, total concentration on what your doing and a 64 Fairlane blows by you.......... on a road race course.
Awesome vid.

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
That was just Awesome. Yep, a decent mic would of been great. I was stationed in Germany 2 times in the 60s and early 70s, and went to the Ring often. They use to run the German GP there, and have changed the track layout several times over the years. It had 72 curves back then.

Users who are viewing this thread