1968 Chevelle SS (clone) 454/468 Burn out

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
My buddies car. Just got finished. Has a turbo 400 trans. . Looks like and auto trans shifter but shifts like a manual but no clutch. Video does not do justice but it throws you back in the seat and scary in the passgener seat. alot of of low end torque.
[youtube_browser]uQflp6qMxtM&list=UUSS***guBXBANxXL8YRZx1g&index=1&feature=plcp [/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
He wanted to stay basic with this car and only took about a year to find and build. The motor came out of another car and is low compression for blower. He sees no reason to put a blower on it however. As you see in the video and has more than enough power for street fun. This thing can cut loose on command and throws your butt in the seat with force. A blower would make it very controllable. This car will never go to the track or go over 100 mph. He just wanted to mess around a tad bit. The transmission basically works like a standard manual trans but with no clutch. Setup like an auto

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
Nice! We had a Chevelle Malibu with a leftover 396 from a drag car that was a blast to drive on the streets. Way to much power for some 17 year old kids.....

toolow91

Established Member
An auto TH400 with a manual shift pattern?

Details, please.

Auto with a rev manual valve body i think is what he is describing.. Or a foward manual valve body. Either way no clutch and needs to be shifted , Very accurate as far as reaction time and quick shifts.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is nice! Love the sound of a big block. Especially one like that one! :)

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Love that sound. Its wierd when you ride a car like that, they feel very different from modern muscle.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Auto with a rev manual valve body i think is what he is describing.. Or a foward manual valve body. Either way no clutch and needs to be shifted , Very accurate as far as reaction time and quick shifts.
That's what I was thinking, but isn't really what he described.

coposrv

Established Member
I still have a huge soft spot for 68-72 gm a bodies. I would love to build a nasty big cube NA motor or an lsx with some twins.

Users who are viewing this thread