1969 Camaro Restomod Project Thread

Kobreh

Established Member
Yep I'll let you know if I need an extra set of hands. Hopefully you got that GT500 modified now so you dont get drug by the 2010 SS....Again :)

We do need to run again. I'm making about 75rwhp MORE than the first time we raced. Should be fun.

Yessir, 2.59" pulley/tune, JLT CAI and axle-back muffler deletes. Probably making ~530+ to the wheels (no dyno yet :nonono: )

Should be a lot of fun and interesting, might turn out like last time though if you have 75 more rw horses.

I need DR's baddddd.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Cool man not sure the plans for this weekend but I'll hit you up in a PM if I'm going to be out. I can bring a go-pro so we can get the action on film (I have two we can use).

Off for now. The garage is calling my name.

6.0GTO

Established Member
Ever since I was a kid and saw that movie Better off Dead and the black Camaro that was in it I have been a huge fan of those late sixties Camaros. Gonna be a great ride when you are done.

What year was in that movie?

Planter

Banned
only thing missing from them pics is you with your mullet, and a 6 pack of natty light in the passenger seat. :D

haha j/k, looks like a fun project. good luck

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
Ever since I was a kid and saw that movie Better off Dead and the black Camaro that was in it I have been a huge fan of those late sixties Camaros. Gonna be a great ride when you are done.

What year was in that movie?

It was a '67'
That car was awesome!!! I liked the 1st gen Camaros already but I was hooked after that movie. I just wish fixing up an old car was as easy as that movie showed.

6.0GTO

Established Member
It was a '67'
That car was awesome!!! I liked the 1st gen Camaros already but I was hooked after that movie. I just wish fixing up an old car was as easy as that movie showed.

Haha it is that easy. You are going to need Monique's phone number though.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Yea it was a 67 and i believe someone bought it and restored it to the condition in the movie. SS 67 camaro black w/ red interior. Very cool car.

I do wish it was easy as the movie. They basically washed the dirty off it and it was glossy show paint. Kinda funny.

Got the garage cleaned up a bit today so there is more room to play with the car and park the 2010. Hope to work on it more before I leave for work for a week. Trying to get the engine/trans setup out of it.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Update for today:
Mainly all I did today since engine/trans is about ready to be pulled is I reorganized the garage to make more room. Still have a few things to move around but there is plenty of space now compared to what there was.
1001596245_pyHsS-L.jpg

1001596344_rvWXu-L.jpg

Sorry it's still in the bag, I'll pull it out tomorrow for better pics. Picked up the 6.0L iron block machined to be a 408. Took a set of calipers with me and all appears to be good. I'll naturally have it checked out by a machinist to ensure all is ok. HKE did the work so I'll probably take it back there.
1001596536_qAfbh-L.jpg

1001596077_XkeWi-M.jpg

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Interior is almost all the way out. About to go out and finish it up. Engine should be out tomorrow. Having a GTG at our place for an "engine pull party."

Should be fun! After engine is out maybe we can get to work sanding the body down. Friend has done panel replacement on his own so we may tackle that ourselves as well as the paint. If I can save the money I was expecting to spend on paint then this car really might be ready for Power Tour next year. Hope I can keep up this pace of working on it. Just have to be nights instead of days since I'll be back at work next week.

Pics to come soon of interior out of the car and inside stripped down.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Ok for today's update. Interior has been stripped and I started removing the guages before I started running out of light and time before dinner. I forgot the extent I went to when I did it the first time to make it quiet inside.

Pics:
Interior as was when I started
1002491492_uKSpY-L.jpg

Seats pulled up. Carpet sunfaded red. Threw it away for new stuff.
1002491876_Gtei6-L.jpg

Forgot I put down a 3/4" layer of "jute" under the carpet to sound deadening. I didn't remember doing this until I saw it LOL
1002492145_g7vj4-L.jpg

1002492288_HTBah-L.jpg

This is how much of that stuff there was...Probably about 15-20lbs worth, maybe more but I dont have a scale.
1002493001_3pkG5-L.jpg

Under that there was a thin layer of thermal insulation (water heater stuff). Not the best but on a college kid buget it wasn't bad. I had this stuff EVERYWHERE!
1002492461_GWTpV-L.jpg

1002492641_hs48Z-L.jpg

1002492899_Y3NZ3-L.jpg

1002492758_miyCB-L.jpg

All of that was removed as well. There is residue left but it's not too bad.
1002493292_59QgB-L.jpg

1002493121_dgx39-L.jpg

Quick pic of how I left it today.
1002493669_XZB7A-L.jpg

Here is the pile of parts that were removed. Carpet not shown as it was in the trash with the insulation.
1002493775_YAbu4-L.jpg

1002493897_YVgL4-L.jpg

I'll have more pics tomorrow when the engine gets pulled.

William

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Well... I guess everyone knows where that missing Texas Motor Speedway sign went!!! Good luck with the build, it's looks like it's going to be bad ass!!!

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Nice progress so far. I look forward to the updates :thumbsup:

blown04snake

Established Member
OK - let the flaming begin I guess. Am I missing something here. Dont you folks have a Camaro site to post your pics and story on now that they are building the Camaro again. I dont get it. I bet they dont make mullet jokes over there.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
TWS sign is legitimate purchase, there is no missing sign.

No big block in this car, prefer the new technology. I want a big block but it will probably be in a C10 pickup or Chevelle or something.

As for posting it on a Camaro site, I have. It's posted on several sites. Since we've been members on here for a while (Kat has been on here longer) I figured people would like to follow what we're up to. If you're not interested, please don't bother reading. No one is forcing you to! :banana:

William

Users who are viewing this thread