1973 Detomaso Pantera Build Thread - Group 4 - FAT BTTM

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
want...

p.s. nice GT. what else in the garage ?

Unfortunately (or fortunately), the GT, silver Pantera, and red CVAR Pantera are all my Father's. He has a few more years under his belt. However, I think the GT-40 is THE COOLEST looking car ever built, without question. I will own one, one day.

Last edited:

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Sir, you are both a scholar and a gentleman. Good luck on finishing this build of epic proportions.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
nice work, I've always loved the look of those Pantera's!

GT915

Established Member
I can remember reading an article about the Pantera in Mechanics Illustrated back in 1974. Shortly after, our Lincoln Mercury dealership got a white one and I remember drooling all over it. I loved the car then and still do today. I rarely see one so I was pleased to see your build thread. Yours is gonna turn out far better than anything I've seen...including the brand new one. I look forward to seeing this badass completed and hopefully a video to go with it. Thanks.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Had to cut out the firewall to get the gas tank in. Roll cage in the way, once again!

phot98765_zpsdd2d1e37.jpg

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Got some new, custom gauges from Speedhut. Then overlayed the gauge cluster on the center console with some carbon-fiber-esque material. Stuff was from 3M, and it's pretty cool. Doesn't have the real carbon fiber look to it, but it's similar.

photo_zps18e10f96.jpg

Also started painting a lot of the details enamel black. I'm not a big fan of chrome, so the door handles, interior bezels and exterior trim have all been powder coated, or painted. I like a cleaner look.

Users who are viewing this thread