1985 GT build thread.

Rare40th

Established Member
You: 7am (walks outside in sandles) Fires up the '85
Neighbors: Daggummit! Can you drive the 98 more often?!
You: WHAT? I can't hear you! lol

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
You: 7am (walks outside in sandles) Fires up the '85
Neighbors: Daggummit! Can you drive the 98 more often?!
You: WHAT? I can't hear you! lol

hahah, right! They are happy im not a punk that is dealing drugs or some shit. I help them as much as possible to stay in their good graces.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That bitch sounds GOOD!
A cammed stroked NA Windsor is very hard to beat from auditory supremacy, this vid case in point.
Thanks from all of us in winter hell :)
-J

Last edited:

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Another update. Got the car on the rollers for a chance to see what it puts down to the tire.

On IG and Facebook it started a real shit show because I didn't immediately post the numbers... People started to send me hateful messages which I don't mind, I laugh it off. But sending me messages talking shit about my girlfriend, people need to lighten the **** up.

I will start by saying that when I had this engine built I wasn’t looking for peak power numbers. I wanted torque that never fell off and horsepower that never fell off all the way to redline.

The car made 430hp/430tq
Weight 2900 lbs.
Makes over 400 ft lbs from 3000rpm to 7000rpm
Makes over 400 hp from 5000 to 7000rpm

That combo makes for a very fun ride.

MG0h3

Established Member
Sweet!!!

Makes me want to get my 408w powered CJ5 running. Sat for two years so I think I should pull the distributor and prime it.

What ya think op? Needed?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
She sounds so angry - love it!!

Thanks man

WTF people were sending hate messages because you didn’t post numbers? Wtf is wrong with people

Thats exactly what I said. Lot of people saying shit on the thread and a couple sending messages in private. I quickly block people when that kind of shit happens. I don't have time for it.

What a beast

Thanks man!

Sweet!!!

Makes me want to get my 408w powered CJ5 running. Sat for two years so I think I should pull the distributor and prime it.

What ya think op? Needed?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

My engine sat for a while too but I had been sure to roll the engine over by hand a few times every few months.
I didn't prime mine that way, I was debating it but what I ended up doing is putting fresh oil in it and removing the ignition stuff, removed the plugs and just rolled it with the starter and let it build oil pressure. It made pressure immediately. Nothing wrong with the car at all.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
"Fox Body Addicts" on FB, some of the most inbred, broke ass, ignorant fools to ever own a fox. There's plenty of good folks there, but the stupid ones....****ing hell!

One guy chimed in and felt the need to announce he made 2400hp. Uhh cool, but does it turn? If my shit was built to drag race I would have went with a different setup all together.

The dumb ones out number the good unfortunately.

barstowpo

Established Member
I really appreciate your build and you sharing it with us. It's sad the internet brings out the worst in people sometimes. I would love to see what your car would do around Willow Springs.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I really appreciate your build and you sharing it with us. It's sad the internet brings out the worst in people sometimes. I would love to see what your car would do around Willow Springs.

When I upgrade wheels on my track car I plan to use the old ones on the fox to get a few laps around a few different tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread