1995 Cobra Hardtop Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra-O

Established Member
Anyone know if these are starting to be worth anything? What about one in perfect condition / 36,000 miles. They only made 499 of them. I've always wanted one and wonder if I should look into this one. What do you think it is worth.

Cobra-O

Established Member
anyone???? I know there are a lot of people here that know what the cars are worth, ie auctions, sales, etc.

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
Very Rare If you got the money definately worth it. And that one your looking at, looks awesome and low miles wow. I'd like to see what that ends up going for.

werstlna

Established Member
My brother in law owns one in MS. He bought it out of FL in nice condition. His wife (my sis) basically said she felt safer with a hard top convertible than a cloth top, so that put him in a bind and he had to choose this model/year.

Then he made a bad decision (IMO) and decided to heavily mod it by doing a turbo and auto tranny conversion, etc. I would've chosen a less rare Cobra for those type of mods and left a rare car in very close to original condition or just with bolt ons. Of course it's not my car and not my money, so he can do whatever he wants with it.

That one on eBay looks nice and well cared for.

Cobra-O

Established Member
it is not the one I am thinking of. There is one in town, 36K miles, he is asking $18,000 for it. Seems a bit high for me, but I really don't know. I was looking for some input on if it is worth that much. I have no idea on the sale, or if maybe I could pick it up for 16 or so.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Id get one they are really cool, cant beat the option of a vert when you want and a hardtop any other time, Ford outta run this option again as a special mustang, I think they would sell really well.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
there's been a good number of threads through here about higher value SN-95's. I'm pretty sure it was determined that the rarest was first the 95R, and second would be the '95 hardtop verts. If it had extremely low miles and showroom condition, it would likely eventually go up. Could be a good while tho.

Stavesacre21

Established Member
err....that's pushing it IMO. Man your get up another 5K in price and you'll be looking at terminators with the same miles.

However, speaking completely non-relatively, i still think it's high. Yes it is a bit more rare then others, but i wouldn't throw down more then 15-16K tops on that, if that. That's even being a little liberal about it too :shrug:

Black 5.0

Established Member
We had one at the Ford dealer i work at, it had 14000 original miles. It went for 32 grand, it was beautiful.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
LOTS of pics of my favorite ever SN95 2 top. yes, this one was on Ebay at one point...
I believe it was a Chicane car if I remember correctly

2top6.gif

2top5.gif

2top4.gif

2top3.gif

2top2.gif

2top1.gif

2top.gif

Stavesacre21

Established Member
I have to admit...you would NEVER be able to tell it's a vert other then seeing the top on the ground! Really is a shame they didn't keep the idea, although implementing a hardtop AND vert top into a car had no doubt added an insane amount of weight to the car.

Rareproduct

Established Member
I goot one if anyone wants to buy it. I have it in the Cobras Forsale section on this site. Call Jay for details.@ 209-263-8958

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread