1st outing to the track with GT500

Brands5.0

Established Member
Went to the track staterday just to play around. Mods are Evo stage 2 with stock Goodyears out back . Made 3 passes turns out the 1st one was the best others were bog ran 12.07 and spin 12.8
60'.....1.996
330'....5.261
1/8......7.896
mph......96.11
1000'...10.137
1/4.......12.024
MPH.....119.89

I do spend a lot of time at the track with my 95 mustang but it has a C4 with a trans brake and dead hooks every time with 60' in the 1.29-1.39 range. So driving a stick shift car down the strip is new to me. But i hope to brake into the 11's on the stock goodyears next weekend.

R1Lello

Established Member
with stock rubber, you did well. I'm sure there was spin in between gears as with evo stage 2 you should at 125-126 mph..........good times!!

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Those are some good 60ft's. If you can get that MPH up you should be in the 11's no prob. Overall though, those are some excellent times for stock tires.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I would hardly call a drag stip a "track".

BTW: Speaking of tracks. How are the GT500 doing in auto-X? Bruce, have you beat'n your Cobra R lap times?

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
SlowSVT said:

BTW: Speaking of tracks. How are the GT500 doing in auto-X? Bruce, have you beat'n your Cobra R lap times?
I know he had some video's posted awhile back of it ripping around some track. He said it would beat the R.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SlowSVT said:

The GT500 has not been to the track since October of last year. It was approximately 9 seconds slower a lap in basically stock form compared to my fairly highly modified R.

It's my opinion a GT500 beats a 2000 R stock for stock until the supercharger overheats or you melt the front tires off. Which ever comes first!

The R passes Z06's pretty effortlessly and I don't have to beat on her too bad. I have to drive my ass off in that GT500 to pass a Z.

Can't say when the GT500 is going back to the track. I just don't know.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

bluestreak89

Established Member
SlowSVT said:

But everyone else does. And they are by definition. I would not put money on a GT500 in an auto-x.

wildosvt04

Established Member
SlowSVT said:

PUH-LLLLLLLLLEEEEZ! Its a track. I would hardly call an Auto-X a "track". Pull the cones down and its a parking lot! :lol:

chuckstang

Established Member
SlowSVT said:

haha ya I guess a Wal Mart parking lot is more of a track to you?
Auto crossing is for mini coopers!

SlowSVT

Established Member
A Walmat parking lot :dw:

I was thinking more like the Angeles Crest Highway but if you say so.

Users who are viewing this thread