1st Post and New Owner!!

cobra_hover

Established Member
Hey everyone, I'm just in the process of buying my first Mustang; a 2003 Torch Red 10th Conv. Car has about 20k on it with a few bolt ons(intake, stingers, pulley, tb and plenum, m/t dr's, spacers and a good tune). Its been dyno'ed at 480 i believe which I think is a bit high for the mods. It also has some aftermarket American Racing Rebel wheels with new Sumitomo tires that I am not fond of... Maybe someone wants them?? I've been browsing the forums for a few weeks and I've seen so many nice cars and good info but the problem is now I'd like to put more money into the car :) Anyways pics to come..

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
welcome bro and congrats my name is anthony! i cant wait to see the pics......before i go further on trying to help you with your next future mods....what kind of power you going for?

Last edited:

cobra_hover

Established Member
I've read the whole faq already twice lol. I'm not looking for much more power, since the car will be my daily driver all summer but I would defiantly like to stiffen it up and lower it, underhood touches (get rid of the existing chrome), stereo system and roll bar for now. I'm looking at getting some Nitto 315s for the stock rims asap, probably going with the nt 05 since I will have to drive it in the rain.

trmin8ter03

Established Member
Oh poor thing your driving it in the rain, j/k mine has 94k miles and still runs like new. Welcome, I just got my 03 about six months ago. You will love it. This is a great place for info and do it yourself mods. I just cut my springs yesterday, looks awesome and waiting for my 17x10.5 replicas to get here. Good luck with your terminator :rockon:

vickerw

Established Member
Congrats on the car! These are some awesome cars & fun to drive. Just my opinion but you may want to get a 10.5" wide rim if you are going to run a 315 tire. They will bulge pretty bad on the stock rim.

cobra_hover

Established Member
I would like a 10.5 rim but I was under the impression that the 10.5 10th ann replica is not identical to the front if I was to use the stocker. Is that true?

cobra_hover

Established Member
Pics!! Btw forgot to mention I'm coming over to the Ford family from the dark side, currently I own a Dodge Magnum Srt-8:fm:
img0894g.jpg

img0889q.jpg

img0896x.jpg

img0899n.jpg

img0904.jpg

img0903l.jpg

Lots of horsepower in the owners driveway.
img0912g.jpg

Nice looking garage.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
damn a super snake sweet he does have some cars :beer:

Last edited:

cobra_hover

Established Member
I think the pulley is a 2.8, the owner said it boost 13.5lbs. Given the mods what sort of times should I expect to do on the track with it? I know there are alot of variables but just a ball park will do thx.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I think the pulley is a 2.8, the owner said it boost 13.5lbs. Given the mods what sort of times should I expect to do on the track with it? I know there are alot of variables but just a ball park will do thx.

That sounds about right for the boost and pulley. With those mods and power it should go mid-hi 11's @ 117-121mph with good traction.

Users who are viewing this thread