2.3 whipple..who's spraying too??

Chuckie B

Established Member
I would start with a 50 shot and work your way to a 100 shot. With a wet system spraying thur the blower i would not spray more than a 100 shot. a bigger shot than this will be hard to get every cylinder the proper nos/fuel mixture. If it was a dry setup you could for sure bump it up.. As long as your air/fuel ratio is safe you should not have problems with the nitrous.

Yea I definitely won't be spraying any more than 100.. just was looking for a little more power and not deal with looking for e85 every time I drive the car..this way I can fill on 93 and have race gas in the fuel cell for when I spray

Chuckie B

Established Member
I am going to be spraying a 100 shot through my 2.3 Whipple, I am using a NX wet Plate kit and will be wiring it through the N2MB WOT box for the reasons mentioned above. When you guys are running a standalone system are you doing it so you don't have to retard timing? Also, what Standalone systems are you guys using?

The nx plate kit matches up to the inlet of the whipple? What throttle.body?

TurboGA

Established Member
I believe they sell a nitrous plate that works with the Accufab TB. Its sits behind the TB and sprays straight into the blower. NOS also sells one but its for the stock cobra TB. I would just use the fogger spray tip in front on TB. If you want the plate that works great too..

Chuckie B

Established Member
I believe they sell a nitrous plate that works with the Accufab TB. Its sits behind the TB and sprays straight into the blower. NOS also sells one but its for the stock cobra TB. I would just use the fogger spray tip in front on TB. If you want the plate that works great too..
Yea...I planned on just using a fogger..plate is just a little cleaner looking set up

Blown38

Established Member
Was this a wet shot? Did you jet it for 100 or did it make a 100 hp gain?..I'd be happy with 10.30s..that's moving pretty good!

yes wet shot zex kit going with the published jets for 100hp and the recommended timing mods. with a window switch.

Last edited:

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I sprayed mine with a 100 shot for about a year before mine cracked. The iron blocks are not the strongest when the cylinder pressures are combined with boost and nitrous. After looking at my block (and probably the case with Ricks as well) I suspect the main caps and stock TTY bolts are what caused the block to crack. I believe the caps "walk" when you use stock HW. Anyhow, boost and nitrous sure is fun though... So are 1.26 60 foots!! :)

The Teksid i'm building now will have higher compression, better pistons, ARP throughout and nitrous to top it off.

Chuckie B

Established Member
I sprayed mine with a 100 shot for about a year before mine cracked. The iron blocks are not the strongest when the cylinder pressures are combined with boost and nitrous. After looking at my block (and probably the case with Ricks as well) I suspect the main caps and stock TTY bolts are what caused the block to crack. I believe the caps "walk" when you use stock HW. Anyhow, boost and nitrous sure is fun though... So are 1.26 60 foots!! :)

The Teksid i'm building now will have higher compression, better pistons, ARP throughout and nitrous to top it off.
When you say you sprayed it for about a year...is that every weekend at the track or? I won't be using mine all the time, atleast that's what I'm trying to tell myseld

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
When you say you sprayed it for about a year...is that every weekend at the track or? I won't be using mine all the time, atleast that's what I'm trying to tell myseld

Pretty much... If I was at the track racing, I was spraying it. Typically, 2 to 3 times a month.

toomanytoys

Established Member
What do you do for timing events on and off of the spray? Having to run lower timing when not in the spray makes for a doggy street car. Right now I'm running a 20hp dry shot for fun and only because I got the system for free. I thought about jetting up for about 50hp or so but I'm not sure about what to do with the timing

Chuckie B

Established Member
What do you do for timing events on and off of the spray? Having to run lower timing when not in the spray makes for a doggy street car. Right now I'm running a 20hp dry shot for fun and only because I got the system for free. I thought about jetting up for about 50hp or so but I'm not sure about what to do with the timing

2 tunes...I was going to have a flip chip for the 2 tunes but prob going to just run the nitrous tune if there's a chance of spraying with buddies or at track...prob only lose 30hp or so on the nitrous tune.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member

Sticking with the 100 shot on the new motor, or upping it?

Jmurrz

Established Member
The nx plate kit matches up to the inlet of the whipple? What throttle.body?

It is the single blade kit, and yes from what I read it should work with no issues, Possibly minor modification, but nothing crazy. Yes, It is a Accufab TB.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member

Rule of thumb that I go off is pulling 2 degrees for ever 50hp shot. I was at 22degrees off the nitrous (on e85) and 18* on a 100 shot.

Track whore...........

You were always there too you whore lol

Sticking with the 100 shot on the new motor, or upping it?

Yes, when I dial the car in on my new combo, a 100 shot will be added to really hurt Ricks feelings LOL

Users who are viewing this thread