2.4 pulley on 13 Tvs

jml1521

Established Member
Has anyone had belt slip going with 2.4 pulley? Looking for some input on if it's worth it or not

Thanks

VNMOUS1

Established Member
We do a lot of them. As Jim said, do an aux. The Metco is good, as is the 90mm stealthy one.

enormous

Established Member
The 13 TVS pulleys are installed with loc tite and be prepared to use some accetylene to 300 degree to melt it before removing and use a high quality puller (VMP).
I had to romove the snout (while on the car) and send it to Sylvian at BBS whe he heated it and used a 10 ton press to remove my stock pulley.

Crushinator

Established Member
The 13 TVS pulleys are installed with loc tite and be prepared to use some accetylene to 300 degree to melt it before removing and use a high quality puller (VMP).
I had to romove the snout (while on the car) and send it to Sylvian at BBS whe he heated it and used a 10 ton press to remove my stock pulley.

I heated my stock pulley with a heat gun and used the VMP removal tool. Came right off. Did take a bit of effort but nothing too crazy....cough...wuss.:lol1: j/k

Definitely get an aux idler pulley if you go with a 2.4. I use the 90mm that VMP sells and it hasn't slipped yet.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I use the vmp 2.4 pulley on a vmptvs with a Shelby idler/tension combo and I have had zero belt slip.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I use the vmp 2.4 pulley on a vmptvs with a Shelby idler/tension combo and I have had zero belt slip.

Yeah...but think of ALL that extra power you could have if you had 4/1000's of an inch smaller pulley. ;-)

Thanks for your business, kind sir!

bj

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I have the BPS 2.396 and a 90mm aux idler with no signs of belt slip whatsoever. 2013 GT500 TVS on my car.

+1

I have a 15% OD Lower Pulley with the BPS 2.396 and BPS 90 mm aux idler. Those mods helped make 908 WHP (Record for factory TVS/stock longblock) at KOTS at NMRA Bowling Green with no belt slip at all. BPS pulley's and idler works as advertised.:beer:

Last edited:

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Yeah...but think of ALL that extra power you could have if you had 4/1000's of an inch smaller pulley. ;-)

bj
my mom always use to tell me "the proof is in the pudding"... TVS record holder runs a BPS setup....no more needs to be said other then what shows on the tower at the end of the 1/4 mile! ;-)

Last edited:

BilletProShop

Established Member

bj

Guess 4/1000's of an inch are pretty worthwhile :beer:
but with other supporting mods of course...

btw what did you run?

[youtube_browser]xZWxVTnrKDg[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread