2.9 crusher being switched to e85

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Well after switching my vortech tbird, to e85 last week and making 735rwhp with a 2v I'm switching the cobra ill order the bosch 105 for it tomorrow morning they run and idle great I'm very impressed, and we tuned it our self, the cobra Dan at prodyno will be doing this one I can't wait

Robert

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Well the cobra has the 2.9 crusher with a 3.1 pulley, I've got a fore innovation hat with dual 405 pumps fore rails and regulator, comp 360 cams, TSS oil pump with arp head studs but its a completely stock motor other wise, kooks 1 3/4 headers 3-2.5 x pipe, magnaflow catback

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
What can I sayi love cars I'm a mechanic and have my own shop but my knee is getting worse and I don't walk good but i sure love working on cars

Anyways I got my injecters this morning at leathel performance from Matt and excellence service! Matt is great to deal with, anyways dyno tune is setup for next Wednesday

Robert

The Mongoose

Established Member
What can I sayi love cars I'm a mechanic and have my own shop but my knee is getting worse and I don't walk good but i sure love working on cars

Anyways I got my injecters this morning at leathel performance from Matt and excellence service! Matt is great to deal with, anyways dyno tune is setup for next Wednesday

Robert

Make sure to update us with numbers. Good luck.

The Mongoose

Established Member
Well after switching my vortech tbird, to e85 last week and making 735rwhp with a 2v I'm switching the cobra ill order the bosch 105 for it tomorrow morning they run and idle great I'm very impressed, and we tuned it our self, the cobra Dan at prodyno will be doing this one I can't wait

Robert

Robert, how would you describe the difference between your Vortech T-Brid 2v and your Cobra in terms of power and where the power really comes in throughout the powerband? I'm trying to sell my WS6 and I really want a 03/04 Cobra with either a ported blower or something like a KB 2.2 and run it on e85, but at the same time, I wouldn't be opposed to a built Mach 1 or even a 2v running a Vortech T-Trim. Just seeing if you could explain the difference in driving experience since you have the best of both worlds.

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Well I haven't drove the bird yet on e85 but on the 660 it was strong but with my cams it didn't really start to pull strong till 4k rpm, but it came in hard, the cobra has hardly any delay, I've got another cobra with stock eaton And it has instant torque but no we're near the pull the bird has, but in honesty I'm very have with the t trim, the other difference is its and auto vs 6 speed car, but the bird has no instant seat u in the seat like either cobra plants, while the bird does it on the top end, hope that some what helps

The Mongoose

Established Member
Yeah, that helps me out. That is pretty much what I've been reading; T-Trim/D1SC or F1A are not going to give you that instant torque/power like a twin screw blower, but up top, you can't beat Vortech/Procharger. I guess in a perfect world I'd have both, but I'm pretty set on a nice 03/04 Cobra after my WS6 sells. I just love the sound that a 4v T-Trim/F1A makes.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Make sure to get those e85 testers just to have one, quick and easy to use.

I know its cold here in MO and the blend is probably around e70, so when you're done tuning it right now, once spring/summer time hits if your air fuel is on the edge (around 11.6-11.8) you might want to get a retune because when the blend changes from e70 to e85 and you're tuned on e70 you will go leaner... On the other hand if you tune in the summer with true e85 then once winter hits and e70 will be in the tanks you will go richer which you don't need a retune for.

My Cobra was around 11.3-11.4 during summer time. I just put it on the rollers last week and it was reading 10.8 due to the e70.

Not sure if you know this or not but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in!
Let us know what she makes, should be a monster.
My cobra made 717/747 on a 2.9 whipple (non crusher), stock motor with manley pistons, on around 21-22psi on e85 and 6spd.

Last edited:

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Well after driving the bird yesterday it's got a ton more down low than it had

Yes I've been testing the fuel, measure e81-e82 so it's been consistent

The Mongoose

Established Member
Has anyone seen info on a company that sells e85? I saw something in, I know, I'm going to get reemed for this, but in GM High Tech Peformance. I think it was VP Racing, but their e85 always measures out the same and it has some additives to keep your fuel system clean.

Termilvr

Established Member
Has anyone seen info on a company that sells e85? I saw something in, I know, I'm going to get reemed for this, but in GM High Tech Peformance. I think it was VP Racing, but their e85 always measures out the same and it has some additives to keep your fuel system clean.

Vp c85, cost between 7-8$ a gallon, not worth it at all.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The Mongoose

Established Member
Ouch!!! I wasn't sure of the prices; just saw the add for it. I figured it was more expensive, but had no idea that much more. It could still be an option for weekend cruiser or track car.

Users who are viewing this thread