2.9 whipple tuning ?

ninety2pony

Established Member
ive got a 2.9 crusher set up on a built motor with 60lb injectors and stock pumps, boost a pump, and sctba5000. tuner (local) emailed me a tune to get it started to drive down... starts and idles fine, then eventually dies (about a minute at best) if i burp the throttle it dies instantly. any ideas? no codes, cant find any vacuum leaks.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
ive got a 2.9 crusher set up on a built motor with 60lb injectors and stock pumps, boost a pump, and sctba5000. tuner (local) emailed me a tune to get it started to drive down... starts and idles fine, then eventually dies (about a minute at best) if i burp the throttle it dies instantly. any ideas? no codes, cant find any vacuum leaks.

tune is off..do you have a wide band? might be too rich. tell your tuner to send a leaner and richer tune...try one and see if it fixes it.

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Are you going to be tuning the car on stock pumps? I don't think they will be up to task with the crusher setup, I would run gt pumps at min. I think you are going to run out of fuel. Just my 2 cents.

ninety2pony

Established Member
so the prob with the tune was... you guessed it, it needed way more fuel. and i ran out of fuel at 4200 rpm... so fuel systems going in. should be tuned by mid next week.

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Also that big air meter is huge in that housing I'm running a gt 500 meter with a plenty of room left

svtcobratenthan

Established Member
Well i went with a 2.9 whipple and stage 3 crower cams. Did the gt pump and mod hat thing tuning was always the same no fuel.go return style no more worry or hassle best 2grand u will spend.

ninety2pony

Established Member
fuel system going in - 2 aeromotive stealth pumps, divx hat, 2 fpdms, upgrading the wiring, new lines, divx rails, return style of coarse.

motor is a mach block bored .020 kellogg stroker 3.750 crank 18cc manley coated pistons and manley h beams. 8.8 comp. stock heads for now, long tubes, dr gas x, borla stinger catback, killer chiller, spare tire well trunk mount intercooler tank (about 5 gallons)

literally the only item that hasnt come off the car at one point or another is the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread