2.9L whipple on the way!!!

gabe1530

Banned
so im finally making the plunge!!!

got a deal on a 2.9l from a member here today! been finding parts in the classifieds to save cash. will keep this thread updated with pics and the build once it starts.

edit: pics are near the bottom.

mod list.
3.75 pulley
billetflow throttle body
mac longtubes
vrs o/r x pipe
80lb injectors
sct3000
triple pump return system
fore fuel rails
egr delete

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Congrats man.. be patient and deals pop up.
I bought my blower a year ago in August and did not have it on the car until December!
It's a long wait, but good luck

gabe1530

Banned
got my maf in today. also bought some 80lb injectors from the same guy who sold me the whipple so they should be arriving at the same time next week.

DSC00317.gif

gabe1530

Banned
thanks guys!
im at a dilema now with the fuel system.

im thinking about getting either lethals duel pump or triple pump return system.
i want to run e85 down the road when there are more pumps here in cali and the max im looking for is 700 (with e85).
will the duel pump return system with 80lb injectors cover that?

i also cant decide if i want to stick with my jlt cai. i really like the oem look with the stock inlet tube - maf - k&n fpk.
or should i say screw it and get a high boost?

Last edited:

03mgtermi

Established Member
if you are serious about running e85, you should go for the triple pump set up - it would suck to go dual pumps only to have it right on the lower edge of what you need. - i am not planning on e85 and went for the dual pumps and 63#ers....we'll see how it goes on the dyno

gabe1530

Banned
small update:
a lot is starting to arrive.
2.9 arrived (im out of town in nor cal with family)
80lb injectors ^^ same
mac longtubes will arrive next week. picked em up for 2 bills shipped so im not complaining.
vrs o/r x on the way.
billetflow tb on the way.
got some mm c/c plates coming as well.
3.75 pulley on the way directly from whipple. now i need to figure out the correct belt size for all this... will be using the full BF idler kit.

im probably going to drop a shit ton more into this just because i got my tax return as well.
going to get some nt05r's, twin disc clutch, 26 spline, areoforce dual band gauges, reische 170 t-stat, head cooling mod... etc.

i go on my leave block for the month of june and im hoping i can get everything installed and tuned by or near the end. we shall see. new pics will come when i get back to socal.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
twin pumps will support alot of HP but with E85 u will def need triple pumps and a triple fpdm setup. Your setup look's alot like mine minus boost you will be running...with 17#'s u should see 600-620hp/540tq thats alot of fun and fast for a street car to have....@ 21#'s is where you will see the 2.9 start to shine though.

gabe1530

Banned
thanks! ^^

more stuff arrived while i was at work.
3.75 pulley
DSC00354.gif

mac lt's
DSC00356.gif

cc plates
DSC00357.gif

mm bar for whipples
DSC00355.gif

more stuff should be coming tomorrow

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
wish i woulda seen the whipple im lookin for one

What kinda blower you looking for Willis? Lol

I may know somebody that has one for ya, pm me.

Congrats on the whipple man, the same day I got my car tuned another guy showed up with a 120k mile stock motor cobra on 19-20 psi and made 638 with a 2.9! There stout!

gabe1530

Banned
just got home and more shit arrived!
vrs stainless x pipe
DSC00362.gif

fore black rails
DSC00360.gif

nto5r's
DSC00361.gif

LOL my wife is starting to get mad b/c are dinning room is filled with parts.
Lethal just mailed me to and hooked me up with one of their last triple pump systems!!! woot.

Users who are viewing this thread