2.9L whipple on the way!!!

gabe1530

Banned
thanks all, just need to change the pulley to get up to 17lbs. should be in the 600's fore sure.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Why would you want 17psi on 91?? that's kinda pushing the limits, and then you are going to be running less timing which will wear on the valve guides?? I'd just keep it there for the safety and security..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ I believe that there is someone with a 4'' that fits the stock hood. I could be wrong though.

gabe1530

Banned
I have a 4Lb lower, how much boost will I be pushing with a 3.75 upper on a 2.9

i would say you would be at 18 and 19 at peak. im basing these numbers off my boost levels so it could be different on your car.
the reason why i went with the 3.75 is another member has the same exact setup at made 17lbs so thats why i mention it could be different.
maybe you should switch to a 2lb lower instead? :shrug:

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
i have one at home that came with the 2.9. i should have left it in the car so they could have switched them out. i am currently out of town otherwise it would be on there.
thanks!

Last edited:

Termilvr

Established Member
i have one at home that came with the 2.9. i should have left it in the car so they could have switched them out. i am currently out of town otherwise it would be on there.
thanks!

when you get back intown are you going to put the 3.5 on?:pop:

gabe1530

Banned
when you get back intown are you going to put the 3.5 on?:pop:

Of course! I'm going to try and get it on when I go to pick it up. They said if they have time they will throw it on the dyno as well. Gotta run by kragen to get another belt too! I'm itching to see what another 2-3 lbs of boost will do.

Users who are viewing this thread