2.9L whipple on the way!!!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
3.5" makes 18-20psi.....depending on weather...inlet restriction...etc. I have longtubes and a very open inlet..i see 18psi in warm weather at sea level....19psi on the dyno in 83* weather. We also have 93 octane here though....thats my street pulley regardless and its plenty. Also have 3.2,3.0,2.8,2.5" RR pulleys...lol

I wouldnt worry about the 3.5" on 91 and if you are worried drop some torco in the tank.

Termilvr

Established Member
3.5" makes 18-20psi.....depending on weather...inlet restriction...etc. I have longtubes and a very open inlet..i see 18psi in warm weather at sea level....19psi on the dyno in 83* weather. We also have 93 octane here though....thats my street pulley regardless and its plenty. Also have 3.2,3.0,2.8,2.5" RR pulleys...lol

I wouldnt worry about the 3.5" on 91 and if you are worried drop some torco in the tank.

did you port your inlet?

gabe1530

Banned

thanks for the info. im not worried about it at all as im only at 14 on the hit and 15 peak. i should see 16 on the hit and 17 at peak.
from what iv seen almost every tenth on pulleys for the 2.9 is worth a pound of boost. i could be wrong so i got my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Termilvr

Established Member
thanks for the info. im not worried about it at all as im only at 14 on the hit and 15 peak. i should see 16 on the hit and 17 at peak.
from what iv seen almost every tenth on pulleys for the 2.9 is worth a pound of boost. i could be wrong so i got my fingers crossed.

when are you gonna be back intown to make the swap?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
did you port your inlet?

Not yet....im looking for a spare inlet to port instead of my stocker...i need to open it for the dragon and im going to "touch up" the inside a bit also...i have posi on board for possibly modding a stock inlet to a "crusher" style this winter for us 2.9 guys

1320 Junkie

Established Member

well i made 19psi on the 3.5" on the dyno...see only 18psi out the back door on the street...seen 21psi on the dyno on the 3.2"...seen 25psi on the 2.8" @ 5700...im pretty sure the 2.8 would have hit 26psi if we kept going...so 1 psi for every .1 is def close.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Hmmm. Good numbers. I wonder why my buddies car with the 3.75 pulley and long tubes made 650. I thought for sure you'd be above the 600 mark. In any case the 3.5 should be interesting. What is the duty cycle on your pumps and injectors?

gabe1530

Banned
Hmmm. Good numbers. I wonder why my buddies car with the 3.75 pulley and long tubes made 650. I thought for sure you'd be above the 600 mark. In any case the 3.5 should be interesting. What is the duty cycle on your pumps and injectors?

i was expecting the same thing as my setup is almost exactly the same minus the high boost and much bigger fuel system.
i dont know the duty and pump cycle but both should have plenty to grow.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
There's a lot of factors when tuning a car that leads to a number.. Don't be discouraged because you didn't hit 650.. There is the type of dyno and how it's setup, tuner, and how the tuner tunes.. Just remember a number is just a number Gabe. Don't get discouraged. I'm sure your car hauls ass! BTW I've beaten cars with more hp then me looking at a dyno sheet. A number is just a number.. Personally I'd rather have a car that dyno's low but moves the f- out ya know.. Kinda sleeperish so then when people ask "hey how much does it put down?" You say ohh not much like 580rwhp.. They start to think oh I'm gunna walk this fool, then you smash on him lol!

stal94gt

Established Member
i loose a lot of power now that it is summer. the heat killed my car on the dyno. if i did not constantly ice the ic water down my iats got so high it pulled the timing out. of course i would imagine your tuner mentioning that. anyways air quality plays a big factor as well with a blower. hot humid air causes a pretty decent loss in power and boost. my car with the 3.5 pulley and stock crank only put out 625 in a hot ass bay but during the winter it makes quite a bit more. 660 hp with timing pulled out cause my boost goes from 19# to 20-21#.

gabe1530

Banned
There's a lot of factors when tuning a car that leads to a number.. Don't be discouraged because you didn't hit 650.. There is the type of dyno and how it's setup, tuner, and how the tuner tunes.. Just remember a number is just a number Gabe. Don't get discouraged. I'm sure your car hauls ass! BTW I've beaten cars with more hp then me looking at a dyno sheet. A number is just a number.. Personally I'd rather have a car that dyno's low but moves the f- out ya know.. Kinda sleeperish so then when people ask "hey how much does it put down?" You say ohh not much like 580rwhp.. They start to think oh I'm gunna walk this fool, then you smash on him lol!

i understand what your saying and im not dissapointed. im happy! but i have the 3.5 so i might as well run it. now im worried about breaking things and putting the power to the ground.

i loose a lot of power now that it is summer. the heat killed my car on the dyno. if i did not constantly ice the ic water down my iats got so high it pulled the timing out. of course i would imagine your tuner mentioning that. anyways air quality plays a big factor as well with a blower. hot humid air causes a pretty decent loss in power and boost. my car with the 3.5 pulley and stock crank only put out 625 in a hot ass bay but during the winter it makes quite a bit more. 660 hp with timing pulled out cause my boost goes from 19# to 20-21#.

get a killer chiller!!

gabe1530

Banned
mac LT's, vrs o/r x and super 44's. its got a little rasp but ill live with it for now.

finally got the cobra home and my 3.5 pulley on but we didnt have time to put it on the dyno. :( maybe ill have time to put it on the dyno on sat. we shall see.

Termilvr

Established Member
mac LT's, vrs o/r x and super 44's. its got a little rasp but ill live with it for now.

finally got the cobra home and my 3.5 pulley on but we didnt have time to put it on the dyno. :( maybe ill have time to put it on the dyno on sat. we shall see.

:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread