2000 cobra r documentation

nmp1

Established Member
Hello all,
I’m looking into buying a 2000 R in the somewhere near future, can someone provide me with a full list of all the paperwork/documents the car came with. Pictures would be great if available. thanks

66vrt

see Cobra R FAQ sticky above for a description of the docs that came with the car. There are also a few threads on this site discussing the details. Search for "cobra black binder" and you will find them. For some photos, I saw this today...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...3887de42b&item=221333283883&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Main things you are looking for are the black 3-ring binder, production number plaque (came in binder but some owners stuck it on the car somewhere), owners manual supplement, certificate (should be in the binder), and window sticker.

nmp1

Established Member
thank you sir,

i also understand that there was a thank you letter (that all cobras had) and an acceptance letter that the dealer was given from SVT. i called SVT a few days ago and that said that you can still get certificates and thank you letters from them. they also said that they still have a bunch of unclaimed cobra r binders.

do you know whats in the owners manual supplement? ive been looking around and there is very little about it on the web.

thanks again.

Last edited:

66vrt

I don't believe I have any letters, and I haven't looked in the manual supplement, but will take a look when I get back in town. One post also said there was a postcard telling the owner how to get the black binder for the car. There was also supposed to be a bunch of stickers from most of the aftermarket partners.

nmp1

Established Member
im pretty sure the thank you / welcome letter was very similar to the one the standard cobras came with, seen a few of those. only once have i seen the acceptance letter, it was from svt to the dealer saying that they had been chosen from the lottery drawing to receive one cobra r. at that time ford had almost 600 svt dealers i believe. ive seen the post card but few people still retain it, and most people still have the pile of stickers.

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
This is the "postcard", I believe:

00R_Purchase_Letter_zpsbcb83be8.jpg

The Press Kit and EMDO poster are also very cool to have, but oddly enough, I bought a Terminator instead...

nmp1

Established Member
do you have pics of the owners guide supplement? ive never seen the inside of one.

oregon87

Established Member
Black binder search

I'm yet another new 00R owner looking for documentation. I've tried to contact the previous owner over the past month with no luck as of yet. I did call Ford SVT and found that my original black binder is not available in the small pile they have left. I'm also aware that for a small fee, a COA and some other posters and such are available from Ford. Does anyone here have information on how to ascertain an original binder? Thanks a bunch!

flattrack53

Established Member
If SVT doesn't have your binder, the only way you can get one is to locate the past owners of your car to locate it. It has been at least a year since I have seen someone sell just the 00R binder. Even at that, the plaque that comes with the binder won't match the vin of your car. When these black binders sell, they seem to bring $600-$800. The press kits usually sell for around $250.

oregon87

Established Member
I found the SVT supplement on Ebay last night. Picked that up. I'm still waiting to hear from the previous owner about the plaque. I'd LOVE to have a binder too.

Users who are viewing this thread