2001 Cobra

Taz

Established Member
Question

Before everyone gathers around the fondue pot for a little wine and cheese, I feel compelled to ask a rather pointed question. I've been silently following this thread since it began. I haven't spoken up because enough clear-minded people were already saying what I would have said.

But since sprayed46 adamantly maintains that his cobra "is treated like a baby" I'm curious about how he is able to reconcile that declaration with one he posted in another thread on this board:

"hey guys i am new to the site i have just recevied my new 2001 cobra. i took it to the track last night and i could not get any traction is there a trick with the irs what rpm ?"

Just a little confused.

:-?

Taz

Established Member
Addendum

And how about this minor inconsistency?

"... no i have not done a long burnout in the cobra ..."

vs.

"yes i had the tractioncontrol off, i did leave the line one time at 3000 and i smoked em all the through 3rd."

???

:D

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Shall we say... BUSTED!!!!
Thanks for the heads up Taz. I have known it all along. There Spraypants You said you haven't ever raced your car, I believe "treat it like a baby" was used. Well just got the car and had it out at the track do not mix in this drink!!! Sorry. Geez and I actually started to believe you! I feel so violated. (tommy walks away with his head in his hands )

Taz

Established Member
Tommy,

I have to confess, the guy's looking more and more like he's a either troll or a moron, or both.

:shocked:

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
just a quick question for shits and giggles........

....i have a 95 with a 347 that runs 9's in the 1/4

is that what's sprayed?? THATS a car i want to see!

i guess the next time i jump in a topic looking for "useful" information, i should bring acorns for the squirrels!
blowingup.gif

ron williams

Established Member
IT WILL BE 3 WEEKS SAT. WAITING FOR PARTS ON MY COBRA. I WAS TOLD YESTERDAY-WE ARE WAITING FOR "THE NEW UPDATED HALFSHAFTS" HAS ANYBODY HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM?

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Didn't know you were in here for "Useful" information. Make yourself known man!!! For god's sake Jim!!! I prefer Chocolate. Easier on the cheeks when I hoard it while getting ready for Winter.

sprayed46

Established Member
listen taz i took my car to firebird one time i said that earlier in this thread you need to learn to read before you start sh*t. The only reason i went was to see if i could run better than what car and driver. You're the moron who sits here in argues about stuff like this open you're eyes:shocked: The name i got sprayed46 was because i had a 2001 gt that i sprayed a 125 shot and run 12. But i wrecked that car and got the cobra!!!! I would never dream of putting nitrous on such a nice car as the cobra that is why i have babied it ; except for that one i took to the track. everyone does that sooner or later when they get a new car, just to see what it can do.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Sorry, you only mentioned the 95 GT.:bash:

You can also see that Zach has been editing again. I do believe I said hands. I think Zach was off track again because he ain't getting any.:D

I guess I don't care about sprayed46's tranny problems anymore. If he wants to think the Cobra is a POS then he can think that and go back to the L-Body boards. We will get more members, trust me. The Cobra is still a better all-around car than the L-Bodies. Yeah the L-Body may be quicker in some instances (it's all driver) but who really cares. Heck a Dodge won a Winston Cup race! Panoz won at Mid-Ohio with their Ford Motors over the dominant Audi Team. If you don't want a Ford dealer to fix your car, take it to Amoco Certicare or a Sears Shop. Cars break!!!

sprayed46

Established Member
i don't care if you are not going to worry about my tranny problems; i was just trying to tell people the problem they are having with the tranny's. But some people on here think they know everything and it piss's me off. Oh tommy i told the tech at ford all about this post and if you would like his number he will be more than happy to explain to you the problem!!

Taz

Established Member
Tell It Any Way You Like

Sprayed, it's your story, and you're entitled to tell it any way you like. But from where I'm sitting, having read your other posts in other threads, it looks to me like you got yourself a new toy and you beat it 'til you broke it. Now, you're blowing blue smoke out the tail, your tranny's shot, and you've got other problems, too.

Face it man, your cover's blown. Instead of calling your poor snake a POS and crying about how you babied it and can't imagine how this could have happened, why don't you step up and admit that what's wrong with your Cobra is a direct result of the way you treated it. Or maybe you're really still oblivious to that. When I was young and dumb and full of cum I broke my share of cars, too. More than my share. But at least I was up to owning responsibility for my own stupidity and learning from my mistakes.

I guess some people really do have more money than brains. Personally, I just wish you had bought an LS1 or some other GM offering, so you'd be pissing and moaning about something other than a Cobra, which I happen to believe is a damned fine piece of machinery.

:D

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Called SVT. They said that there are probably a few Cobras that will have this problem but not many. Techline will have the fix for the problem. Talked with the Transmission Tech here, we just got a Silver 2001 in this morning, the car has had problems since 2000 miles but of the 15 we have sold this is the only one that has come back for that problem and we didn't sell it. He also informed me that the same guy had a 99 SVT Contour and he put a couple of tranny's in that one for him too. He suspects the tranny has been abused seeing as thought we have both seen him racing around in both cars. SVT says that the 2001 GT has had more problems with this tranny too. But it will be isoloted so you guys with Cobra's don't panic like in 99. It's not all of them it will be a small number. Very small. SVT has heard of 5-10 cars with tranny problems. The bad transmissions are going back to SVT to see what problem there is if any. BTW Tranny ordered and will be here soon barring a shipping problem. :read: The Cobra is a great car isn't it?

Taz how many miles do you have on yours?

Zach, I'm waiting for the Teleconference.
!smartph.gif

Last edited:

Taz

Established Member
Mileage

Tommy,

Still have less than 1K miles on mine. Just bought it mid-June and don't use it as a daily driver - just for fun.

:rolling:

sprayed46

Established Member
taz
Say what you want, i am through with this site. You people are idiots. Still tying to blame my problems on me. Thats fine it does make a damn to me you guys are not putting with this crap like i am. Because i know what i did and it is not my fault. and as far as the motor it has been smoking since day one. They are doing the oil check right now. As of last week with 500 miles since they changed the oil i have burned 1/2 a quart. You guys really know ,how to welcome someone to a site, Thanks.

Taz

Established Member
See ya!

Sprayed,

Since you're leaving, how about coming clean with everyone? You're actually a 14-year-old Junior High kid, and the only Cobra you own is a 1/32 scale plastic model, right? That, at least, would explain your juvenile dialog in this forum.

:bash:

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
Re: See ya!

Originally posted by Taz
Sprayed,

Since you're leaving, how about coming clean with everyone? You're actually a 14-year-old Junior High kid, and the only Cobra you own is a 1/32 scale plastic model, right? That, at least, would explain your juvenile dialog in this forum.

:bash:

ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread