2001 Ford Lightning VS Mach1 Stang

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
When I had my 97 cobra I put 2-3 cars on a lightning so I’m going to go with the Mach driver can’t drive. Power to weight ratio can be a bitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stock? Most B head cars ran decent, but even a 1k lb difference the lightning makes a lot more torque off idle. Guy probably couldn't drive either, but wouldn't find it all the shocking to beat one. Remember back in the day, all the B and C head cars ran 4.10 or 4.56 gears to get out the hole. I don't miss those days anymore, lol.

97cobra...

Established Member
Stock? Most B head cars ran decent, but even a 1k lb difference the lightning makes a lot more torque off idle. Guy probably couldn't drive either, but wouldn't find it all the shocking to beat one. Remember back in the day, all the B and C head cars ran 4.10 or 4.56 gears to get out the hole. I don't miss those days anymore, lol.

It had the stock 3.27 gears, but it had long tube headers tune intake it should have been right around 300ish wheel maybe a little less

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Street not track
Lightning in the 13.5-13.8 Mach in the 13.8-14.0 range
I went 13.60s in my 01 cobra stock and 13.40s in a stock 03 Mach...maybe it was because they were both yellow I dunno

Granted I shifted those 3650s with much hate lol

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
It had the stock 3.27 gears, but it had long tube headers tune intake it should have been right around 300ish wheel maybe a little less

Stock machs had 3.55s did they not?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
having had both I feel like anyone familiar with their lightning would have an advantage over most stick shift people from a dig.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
having had both I feel like anyone familiar with their lightning would have an advantage over most stick shift people from a dig.

The L is the only svt vehicle I have never had the privilege of driving...pisses me off lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The L is the only svt vehicle I have never had the privilege of driving...pisses me off lol

i loved my truck and I miss it to death. A pullied truck with a valve body would get down, I know that trans is severely outdated at this point but I always thought it did reasonably well. All that low end torque and the blower whine were a blast, I scared so many people with that thing... I had it lowered with shackles and drop spindles, hotchkis sway bars and I thought it handled decently enough for a truck. The brakes left a lot to be desired.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
They are a lot of fun. My uncle has a second gen with a canned tune and a pulley IIRC, it runs pretty well. Feels like a low 13 second truck at ~4000'.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Easy to see why a lightning would win on that match. Spinning aint winning, son!

That laugh, doe.... o_O

Users who are viewing this thread