2001 Lightning vs 2010 Camaro SS - Who will win?

S8ER01Z

Established Member
When I say BONE STOCK I mean right down to the factory filter. Although it's extremely common a CAI/RAI or aftermarket high flow filter is in fact a mod IMO.

Just like in another thread where an LS1 guy says he's "cam only" ...then goes on to list 1/2 a dozen more bolt ons.

Mods are mods....otehrwise why would we put them on?

Oh yeah I hear you... I'm actually packing a paper filter and all. Counting my Conti-Extreme M+S 245/50R16s against me I would have to find a pair of RSAs to be '100%' stock spec again. I'm such a waste... 110K on the factory clutch still. :nonono:

Must have been my crackberry......I can't stand the web browser on it. I even sent it twice.

I pretty much said what is now in this thread....glad we sorted it out. I think it's a rarity these days- especially on SVTP. :beer:

It's all good... I'm a tool bag but not on the same level as Burnzilla is so I guess I took it pretty hard. LOL

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I guess my L is a unicorn. As posted it has only a K&N CAI (on it when we got it). This car is a daily driver so don't want to do anything to change/risk that. I also pull my cars/trailer with this truck so I need it to be dependable.

I agree stock L's like stock LS1 cars are next to impossible to find. We have "Houston stock" here and it's full bolt on, maybe a cam....
Well I guess its a +1 for Cali :lol1: (JK Kat or not...) There are a couple of pretty much stock L's just like there are LS1's over here. Only thing they probably have is just a muffler and intake, typical car stuff but everything else they are stock (except for a few cars were they change the exterior appearance). My friend just bought an 01 L bone stock about a month ago for 16k (dont remember the mileage), he said he found a bunch of them but was lookin for a 99/01 Cobra (which he couldnt find). Termi's on the other hand are rare when they are stock and even rarer when they are hardtop. Any luck with SS race?

2tonOfun

Established Member
99-2000 lightnings are a even match for a stick 2v.... i have also seen intake exhaust gear tune 2v run 12.8s and idk about mid 12s with those mods on a
Lightning i ran one with similar mods and put 4-5 lengths on it?

This guy just makes shit up.

4-5 lengths?

WTF?

Intake and exhaust on a 2v just makes it louder. Gears and a "tune" (on a na motor) will add something but, get real.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
This guy just makes shit up.

4-5 lengths?

WTF?

Intake and exhaust on a 2v just makes it louder. Gears and a "tune" (on a na motor) will add something but, get real.

Yeah it wasn't even worth it... full bolt on 2vs sometimes struggle to reach 12s and this guy claims they are there with 2 mods... I just laughed at him and continued on with my day. :beer:

2tonOfun

Established Member
I know, but it's strange how this guy comes on this site and spews this crap like none of us have ever owned or raced some of these cars and he's filling us in on how it "really" is. :shrug:
I was in a Mustang club for years (still am I think), I know what it takes to get all of them in the 12's,11's,10's.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I know, but it's strange how this guy comes on this site and spews this crap like none of us have ever owned or raced some of these cars and he's filling us in on how it "really" is. :shrug:
I was in a Mustang club for years (still am I think), I know what it takes to get all of them in the 12's,11's,10's.

Definately some characters on here... (less than most sites but the quality is high here. :D )

:beer:

burnzilla

Established Member
Lets leave brand loyalty and insults out for once ok.... can ya do that?

Look- like I said in my pm to you- I publically apologize for the reputation comment. I confused you with burntardzilla
Classy.

As far as the LS1 and LT1 running with a Lightning- the LS I can see it being neck and neck
You can't see very well then.
Stock for stock a Lightning will lose the majority ofthe time against an LS1 car.
I didn't know this was arguable. :shrug:

or beating an L in M6 form.....but an LT? you gotta be kidding me. Those things are pigs unless they have some decent mods.
Wow I am so glad your so educated on LT1's.
I remember beating a Lightning pretty badly on a highway race... so if an LT1 is a pig...whats a Lightning when its no faster then a stock LT1 or close to it?
I've seen only a couple stock ones ( or so they said ) and its not umcommon to see well droven low 14's, high 13's.

It's all good bro....I've been known to be a jerk from time to time too. (even in this thread!!) I def need to take some of the blame.

I love LS1's...and I can definitely see one giving an L all it can handle and more.

Well hey thats a start.

LT1's I can seeing giving 1st gen L's and 99-00 L's a decent runs- gen II especially the 01+ should slaughter Lt1's though- but anything can happen in the street.
I have seen backpedaling, brand loyalty and excuses flood this website from other members that make themself look flat out silly so don't feel to bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread