2001 Lightning vs 2010 Camaro SS - Who will win?

wma8706

Established Member
Hmm, aren't hey both mid 13 second cars/trucks stock? I think it could be close. Those new Camero's are big pigs, they just don't have a big bed to carry shit in the back. I know mine will beat one. Please video it for all to see.

not really. The 2010 SS will run high 12's at 110+ mph bone stock. They are a little faster than the SRT8 mopar.

2tonOfun

Established Member
not really. The 2010 SS will run high 12's at 110+ mph bone stock. They are a little faster than the SRT8 mopar.

Then it goes to the Camero.

Now pullied and tuned L's should be a different story. But I look forward to the video. If that Camero can't beat up on a poor stock Lightning, Chevy better go back to the drawing board.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Hate to say it, but the camaro will own bad.

Even my car beats stock lightnings....

hotrodjcc

Established Member
I messed with a Camaro SS in Houston this weekend from a 20mph roll in my 03 cobra and he punched from 1st gear and I punched from 2nd and he jumped out about a car because of this and took me a bit to catch up to him.
Camaro would beat a mostly stack lightning I think

2tonOfun

Established Member
ok...:rolleyes:

I guess your really going to be upset to know, i ran bumper to bumper with a bolt on one then.

4 lb lower, some other bolt ons, making 380 rwhp 480 rwtq

Nope, not upset at all. I just know in my truck, it's a waste of time running a 2v mustang. Stock, it was a race but the L would win every time from a dig. In my truck now with 6lber and etc., at the track, I would beat a bolt on 2v with slicks by two or three truck lengths with street tires.

Maybe you have a different experience.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
01 Lightning - Stock, except for a K&N Drop in
10 Camaro - Stock, M6

You guys think the Lightning can edge it out? The race will happen soon, and I'll have a video.

well they are both 13 secs rides bone stock so idk the ss might spin hard through first and the SVT would come out on top so idk. would be a dang good race though!

uae_lightning

Street Force Motorsports
Established Member
I raced a 2010 Camaro ss with my 2002 Lightning..

1st and 2nd I was ok .. third he got me.. and kept pulling away.. now.. let me explain to u what my truck is..

I bought it about a month ago from a stupid owner who had fabricated hell lot of shit on the hood and 1" thickness bedcover ( Hard top ) WHICH IS DAMN HEAVY..

Truck is stock and it has lots of dirt in the throttle body and intake plenum and am sure the intercooler is hot too.. + I raced him when my trans is hot since I was racing other cars before I met him..

Now am sure with what is in the way.. I'll definatly take him till 4th...

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
top end he will get you, my GT doesn't beat the lightning but a highway pull for me, top end speed owns it bad :) well.......maybe :( not anyways if a stock GMC syclone that has a turbo 4.3L V6 can beat a pullied and tuned lightning.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iILmeORbV4&feature=related"]YouTube - stock syclone vs modded lightning[/ame]

a stocker is going to be owned bad by the SS. better hope he misses 3rd :)

Sny714

Established Member
well they are both 13 secs rides bone stock so idk the ss might spin hard through first and the SVT would come out on top so idk. would be a dang good race though!

a stocker is going to be owned bad by the SS. better hope he misses 3rd :)

You went from saying its going to be a good race to "stocker will be owned bad by the SS" in 3 posts?

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
top end he will get you, my GT doesn't beat the lightning but a highway pull for me, top end speed owns it bad :) well.......maybe :( not anyways if a stock GMC syclone that has a turbo 4.3L V6 can beat a pullied and tuned lightning.....

I'd like to see your bone stock, auto, vert GT own a Lightning on a highway pull. Did you pull that comment directly out of your ass or did it just fall out?

Users who are viewing this thread