2001 Lightning vs 2010 Camaro SS - Who will win?

S8ER01Z

Established Member
He must be thinking of a Gen.1, otherwise it just fell out.:shrug:

x2... I ran a stock 99 Lightning in my old LT1 Auto 3.23 car when it was stock and he yanked me a bit off the start and by 100mph he had my nose at his door and I wasn't even inching on him... 3 runs in a row and same outcome, given the aerodynamics of a lightning I was shocked and honestly don't believe I would have gained anything until 130+... :beer:

My LT1 was similar in performance to a 2V GT stock so I really don't see one running past a stock Lightning.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
I'd like to see your bone stock, auto, vert GT own a Lightning on a highway pull. Did you pull that comment directly out of your ass or did it just fall out?

my friend had a bone stock '99 and only mod performance wise to my GT is a K&N drop in and the previous onwer claimed it to be tuned. we did 40mph highway pull and after the honks he jumped ahead by a car when 100 mph came by we were neck and neck and by 130 i was ahead by a fender, aerodynamics and weight play a big roll for both cars. probably didn't help that he had a passenger too. if i can i'll ask 4-V Mach on here to do a roll race sometime with me, he has a bone stock '04 and i'll film it. he will get me from 40-100 but at higher speeds i win! i have never seen s tock lightning do 150? i have in my GT tho :)

Last edited:

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
my friend had a bone stock '99 and only mod performance wise to my GT is a K&N drop in and the previous onwer claimed it to be tuned. we did 40mph highway pull and after the honks he jumped ahead by a car when 100 mph came by we were neck and neck and by 130 i was ahead by a fender, aerodynamics and weight play a big roll for both cars. probably didn't help that he had a passenger too. if i can i'll ask 4-V Mach on here to do a roll race sometime with me, he has a bone stock '04 and i'll film it. he will get me from 40-100 but at higher speeds i win! i have never seen s tock lightning do 150? i have in my GT tho :)

Being ahead by a fender at 130+ is hardly "owning". There will also be quite a difference between a '99 L and an '04. More power and better gearing in the '01 and up.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
When you hit second gear, he'll be leaving you behind. Def get some more mods and it'll be a different outcome.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Being ahead by a fender at 130+ is hardly "owning". There will also be quite a difference between a '99 L and an '04. More power and better gearing in the '01 and up.

true on the owning part i overrated my car anyways will the outcome be a lot worse because it seems the only difference in the '01 and up L's is like 10 more hp and better gearing? what does the 99-00 ones have compared to the 01 up models? gear wise

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
not really. The 2010 SS will run high 12's at 110+ mph bone stock. They are a little faster than the SRT8 mopar.

ive yet to see one trap anywhere near 110.. ive seen an auto run 100-102 ... and a stick trap a constant 106 around 13.30s ... with a 2.0 60' ... 110 seems a bit high, but never know... but i do not see a L pulling this one off. heavier + slightly less power = loss

S8ER01Z

Established Member
ive yet to see one trap anywhere near 110.. ive seen an auto run 100-102 ... and a stick trap a constant 106 around 13.30s ... with a 2.0 60' ... 110 seems a bit high, but never know... but i do not see a L pulling this one off. heavier + slightly less power = loss

Top 5 from Camaro5

Bone Stock

1. speedy6963 - 12.87 @ 109.08, (LS3,M6)
2. Pave1 - 12.99 @ 108.08 mph, (L99, A6)
3. Nine Ball - 13.07 @ 109.07 mph, (LS3, M6)
4. Matt TuneTime - 13.25 @ 106. 42 mph, (L99, A6)
5. Foglin - 13.28 @ 106.8 mph, (LS3, M6)

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
it's my special day:D

Congrats.....I guess:shrug:. Look- obviously aerodynamics and weight work against the Lightning vs a GT. However (at the serious risk of bench racing here) Road and Track got their 01 L tester into the low 13's with a 0-60 of 5.2. That's right there with well driven GT's. Will every Lightning be able to do this?- probably not. But not every GT can get in the low 13's either. Just because you happened to beat ONE Lightning that was pre 01 doesn't mean that ALL Lightnings are slow. A bolt on L is more than capable of dissappointing you right now especially if you only got that one by a fender.

flarocket

Established Member
Congrats.....I guess:shrug:. Look- obviously aerodynamics and weight work against the Lightning vs a GT. However (at the serious risk of bench racing here) Road and Track got their 01 L tester into the low 13's with a 0-60 of 5.2. That's right there with well driven GT's.

This is true- for 05 and up gt's... This d bag drives a 99 auto gt- no way in hell he is in the low 13's.. and btw grant, how have you gone from one post, thinking your gt cant beat a lexus is 250, to now outrunning lightings?? If you want to drive down I 4 to trinity, I will be happy to show you how your car would stack up to an 02 harley... less hp and more weight than a lightning...

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Congrats.....I guess:shrug:. Look- obviously aerodynamics and weight work against the Lightning vs a GT. However (at the serious risk of bench racing here) Road and Track got their 01 L tester into the low 13's with a 0-60 of 5.2. That's right there with well driven GT's.

This is true- for 05 and up gt's... This d bag drives a 99 auto gt- no way in hell he is in the low 13's.. and btw grant, how have you gone from one post, thinking your gt cant beat a lexus is 250, to now outrunning lightings?? If you want to drive down I 4 to trinity, I will be happy to show you how your car would stack up to an 02 harley... less hp and more weight than a lightning...

i have raced a harley truck before with my GT, i won they are way to heavy! those thing weigh more than my '01 supercrew. i asked about the lexus because i don't know whether it had a beefy V6 or just a lil 4 banger and 1 thing how am i a D-bag? my GT only has a K&N drop in a 3.55's plus its a vert. my best pass was a 14.40 @ 98mph at OSW and that was on bald G-forces spinning thru 1st. i never said i can beat every lightning i know they are quick trucks! with bolt on's they haul butt. my point was from a roll my GT beat a stock one. they have more hp than my car but weigh more and aerodynamics hurt them at speeds over 120mph. i know what its like going 100mph in a GT and a F150 i own both! my truck at 100mph has a ton of drag, my GT just keeps going and going and going. i'm here in orlando a senior at my school last year had a 2002 HD F150. his mods were a K&N filter and a true dual exhaust system. no pulley swap what soever. from a dig and a roll i got him both times i'm not saying that i will beat every HD or lighting but i did beat more stockish ones. had he had a pulley swap he would've beaten me. his harley truck also has an ugly topper with a spoiler so i'm sure that added about another 40-50lbs. lightning's are quick trucks stock or modded. a stock HD is slow. they barely pull away from the new 3V 5.4 f150's. if you want me too i could drive down there in my moms jag just to put you to shame since you think a stock '02 harley truck is fast. my moms '90 XJ6 has a 275hp DOHC inline 6. speedo reads 160mph and the fastest i have hit was 146mph and had to let off because going that fast on a 215 tire is scary!!!!! i'm not trying to sound like a D-bag i don't brag about my '99 and you are gonna say that a stock '02 HD f150 that with 340hp and 425tq that weighs 6,700lbs is gonna beat my car? you are hilarious not to mention with a driver its gonna be close to 7,000lbs! the fastest stock 2002 ran a 13.8 @ 98.6mph with a K&N filter. i have new tires on my GT and i'm pretty confident i can run a 13.8. i trapped a 98mph pass when i ran my 14.40 with bald tires. moral of this poor ass story lightining are quick and i got lucky HD F150's are not slow but are no means as quick as the lightning. come to OSW so we can run then. my GT stock weighs 3,552 this should be good :)

Last edited:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
i'm just curious how you think a stock 2002 harley davidson F150 that weighs 6,700lbs is gonna beat a stock '99 mustang GT that weighs 3,552lbs? i know the truck has more HP but weight plays a huge roll in this case! if my mustang can beat my 4,600lbs truck with bolt ons and a tune i think i should have no problem beating a stock HD F150 that weighs 2,000lbs more

Users who are viewing this thread